Attention Pick a Color! Any Color!!

Here are the choices. This is not your last chance!!

• White, Ivory

Votes: 41 11.1%
  • Red, Black Cherry, Blood Red

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • Yellow, Rotten Banana

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Green, Emerald, Forest

Votes: 32 8.6%
  • Blue, Dark, Light

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Brown, 5-6 choices later!

Votes: 137 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be good to have some examples and names of the browns otherwise the Red is going to runaway with it. Brown just doesn't sound as appealing without examples.

On the one hand, I'm inclined to vote blue - I like the idea of the BF knife matching the forum color scheme; on the other hand, at this point I want to back waynorth waynorth up and vote white; but on the third hand red is my least favorite, so I'm going to wait and vote for whatever seems to have the best odds of beating red. (For the literally-minded among us, let me clarify that I don't actually have three hands.)

-Tyson
I'm right there with you. I'm voting White/Ivory because that's what I want. If near the end of the poll it has no chance of winning, I'm changing it to my second choice, which is anything but red.

D3Pen5a.jpg

Except that is Elderberry. And many colors turn out like this on camel bone. I'm pretty sure we're getting good old cattle bone for our 86.

All things I'm sure everyone already knows...just wanted to be sure to keep it straight.:)
You are correct; that is Elderberry on camel bone. Regular Red on cattle bone will only be pink on the edges.

I'm right there with you. I'm voting White/Ivory because that's what I want. If near the end of the poll it has no chance of winning, I'm changing it to my second choice, which is anything but red.

D3Pen5a.jpg

You are correct; that is Elderberry on camel bone. Regular Red on cattle bone will only be pink on the edges.
The wood looks spectacular on that one.

I do not have that knife anymore but I still have the rock! A chunk of serpentine.

Regarding the dye job - that one was certainly quite disappointing but it is what is to be expected with camel bone unfortunately. I have an example of each of GEC's red sawcut examples from the last few years (with the exception of the Cranberry TC and a NW) and each one has been excellently done. Somehow, they get the sawcut dyed right but they miss the mark on the jigged/smooth in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back