Attention Pick a Color! Any Color!!

Here are the choices. This is not your last chance!!

• White, Ivory

Votes: 41 11.1%
  • Red, Black Cherry, Blood Red

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • Yellow, Rotten Banana

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Green, Emerald, Forest

Votes: 32 8.6%
  • Blue, Dark, Light

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Brown, 5-6 choices later!

Votes: 137 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything BUT "Red"

C1q5mam.jpg

gPWXA4O.jpg

My choice has not changed. I favor red and have had good success with GEC's red sawcut in the last few years - I'd love to add the forum knife in red sawcut to my modest collection (please pay the soup bone no mind).

d9564wL.jpg
If we're talking these kinds of reds, I'm in. I'll even toss a few more up to ogle for good measure:

48924667483_e5eaf8f862_b.jpg

waynorth waynorth or waverave waverave or someone else perhaps in the know - are these kinds of reds doable with GEC's newer dying process? I've seen a lot more lighter dye than I have deep, rich lately. The Blood Red 85s from Mike's last run of Northfields was much lighter than blood red typically is...

If we're talking these kinds of reds, I'm in. I'll even toss a few more up to ogle for good measure:

48924667483_e5eaf8f862_b.jpg

waynorth waynorth or waverave waverave or someone else perhaps in the know - are these kinds of reds doable with GEC's newer dying process? I've seen a lot more lighter dye than I have deep, rich lately. The Blood Red 85s from Mike's last run of Northfields was much lighter than blood red typically is...

If I recall correctly, the last time that GEC did a red sawcut was on the Northwoods Heritage Jack - which was in late 2019/early 2020. The hue on that one is pretty darned perfect as far as red is concerned where the 2018 run of 85s you mentioned was not - my example looked like a strawberry and I was rather disappointed in it.

Personally, I do not think we need to fret much on how GEC might dye their red sawcut - they seem to do really well at it. It's the red jigged that seems to lack consistency. If I recall correctly, we got a red sawcut 77 (also excellently done) and the NW 86 in 2019/2020 so it's pretty recent, all things considered.

I'm concerned that red will be too pink so I voted green...
View attachment 1583567
...Hemlock Green Viper, that way I get red, brown and green! ;)

Hemlock Green is a very satisfying color - I wonder how it would look in a sawcut fashion. Awhile back, I traded away a 66 in Hemlock for a 66 in Blood Red and though I do not regret the trade, I do regret not having that 66 in Hemlock anymore, it is a very fine color.

I voted red but support the black cherry option. Blood red is ok too but that black cherry spoke to me in the last thread. The knife will be great regardless the color and I’m in even if we get brown….LOL

Man... I'm struggling with the choice between ivory, black cherry, and brown. All over the spectrum! I think I'm going to wait a bit longer until more examples are posted.

I do like White Bone (smooth) but truth be told, I am a little uncertain how it would look in sawcut. All of my examples are different in a sense so I would hope similar character of color would be imparted in a sawcut version.

r9OZccq.jpg

My choice has not changed. I favor red and have had good success with GEC's red sawcut in the last few years - I'd love to add the forum knife in red sawcut to my modest collection (please pay the soup bone no mind).

d9564wL.jpg
What’s the name of the color on your northwoods? That and the clip 77 is why I voted red

d9564wL.jpg
If I knew they would turn out nice and dark like yours I would vote red, but I’m 0 fer 3 on GEC reds (all cattle bone too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back