Pictures of fake Large Regular Sebenza.

I just looked and the Chinese website, has dropped the price to 102, so I guess they wasn't selling as many as they'd like for the 150 something price.

Wow - now they have pimped out versions and inlays..
I think I'm only going to buy direct from CR from now on - give them another year and you won't be able to tell any difference from pics alone...
Chinese CR W inlay 2.jpgChinese CR W inlay 3.jpgChinese CR W inlay 4.jpgChinese CR W inlay 5.jpgChinese CR W inlay.jpg

In both of those, the size and placement of the logo is a giveaway. And for the barryh copy, the logo clearly sits on top of the grooves, which it doesn't on a real one.

Nonetheless, that is too close for comfort.

MatthewD, are those stock photos, or do you have them in hand? Wondering if he handles are real Ti and if the inlays are real wood, and overlaid or inlaid.

This is becoming a real big problem! Cant believe they are continuing to do this.

With all the people now saying they will only buy straight from CRK, I wonder if he will experience a bump in his sales.

Or, perhaps people going toward the Umnums and Mnandis - as I haven't seen any fakes of those. Yet.

In both of those, the size and placement of the logo is a giveaway. And for the barryh copy, the logo clearly sits on top of the grooves, which it doesn't on a real one.

Nonetheless, that is too close for comfort.

MatthewD, are those stock photos, or do you have them in hand? Wondering if he handles are real Ti and if the inlays are real wood, and overlaid or inlaid.

Stock photos from the Chinese site...

That's why making sure you keep the birth card with your CRK's is so important. I know, i know...they can duplicate those(haven't seen any yet), but that along with the manf dates/codes inside the handles really help authenticate reals from fakes.

Any other ideas that CRK could consider to help deter these a holes?

The last two videos posted are not of the same knives or maker those are cheaper fake 21s made by MG knives.

Wow - now they have pimped out versions and inlays..
I think I'm only going to buy direct from CR from now on - give them another year and you won't be able to tell any difference from pics alone...
View attachment 259056View attachment 259057View attachment 259058View attachment 259059View attachment 259060

Yes this problem has recently sprung up, the maker of the regular also makes the wood inlay and carved clones, but someone in china has bought some and added the CR logo after the fact.

Any other ideas that CRK could consider to help deter these a holes?
In reality, nothing. The maker makes these in small batches(50-100pcs) and they are only meant for the Chinese/Japanese market.

...so far i bought from a dealer and only recently from an individual seller... hopefully dealer will get directly from CRK.... :D

Last edited:
I was really really really disappointed when Chris Reeve started putting the "Idaho Made" stamp on all of the new Sebenzas. But after seeing these pictures I completely understand where he is coming from. These fakes could very much put him out of business.

I was really really really disappointed when Chris Reeve started putting the "Idaho Made" stamp on all of the new Sebenzas. But after seeing these pictures I completely understand where he is coming from. These fakes could very much put him out of business.

...you think these guys who can make copies of the Sebenza that are borderline impossible to distinguish from the ones Mr. Reeve makes, but you don't think they could figure out how to put two words on the blade? :confused:

This is the Reason CRK puts the Idaho Made on new sebenzas. For those that have complained about it being on there, there is a reason for everything.

Wow, those fakes are pretty close. The thumbstud looks a bit off but if you didn't know CRK, it would could easily fool someone.

...you think these guys who can make copies of the Sebenza that are borderline impossible to distinguish from the ones Mr. Reeve makes, but you don't think they could figure out how to put two words on the blade? :confused:

I agree. They will be able to copy it as I'm sure they know how to spell "Idaho" and "made." However every little detail does make it a little harder to copy and making it "a little harder" was Reeve's rational for the change. I personally hate the stamp with a passion but the counterfeiters are in China, beyond the reach of our copyright laws. What else can he do?

Back