Pictures of Orange Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Thrill, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Capolan

Capolan

Dec 31, 2010
    doublepost - sorry. was excited by orange.

2. Capolan

Capolan

Dec 31, 2010
    AH! orange insingo!!! where did you get the G10 cover for that!!!???!! OH so damn cool...I want one.

speaking of orange...whadya' think - my custom DEMKO in orange contour G10? throwing it out there...mind isn't made up yet...

3. Marion David Poff

Marion David Poff

Oct 8, 1998
    Orange

[​IMG]

Kind Regards,
    Marion

4. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Orange is great! I have Andrew doing mine with orange g-10 and a blue backspacer. Hopefully will have it by the end of summer.

5. ddushane

ddushane

Apr 19, 2001
    Thanks Steven, I built that one several years ago for a gentleman in California that wanted to get into whittling. Lot of hours in that one.

Dwayne

6. Wavester

Wavester

May 5, 2008
    You're not Crazy :D Orange Power

7. Screwdriver

Screwdriver

Feb 27, 2010
    Just got this last night from Gravelle Knives here on the makers forums. First orange knife I have ever bought and the color is really growing on me. BTW, I am really impressed with the workmanship of the knives that Josiah at Gravelles creates. Absolutely top notch.

[​IMG]

8. C_Claycomb

C_Claycomb

Dec 11, 2000
    A doodle that made it to steel. Started off as a no-scale skeleton design, then decided to try bolting some orange G10 to it with some stainless Mortorqs. Blade is 12C27. First effort in G10, as well as first orange knife. Kinda like both and looking forward to doing some more :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  9. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Anybody get new orange this week? :)

10. lhanley

lhanley

Nov 4, 2010
    Becker Necker sporting G10
    [​IMG]

11. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Bump for Easter.

12. T.A.DAVISON

T.A.DAVISON Slip Joint Knife Maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 24, 2005
    Orange ya glad for Orange.......:D:thumbup::cool:

[​IMG]

13. Shoki

Shoki

Apr 10, 2007
    Great stuff so far! I especially love the Spydercos.

A couple of moras with custom sheaths. The first is Marion's work with lots of my paracord hijinks and the second is my first successful attempt with kydex.
    Partially orange:

[​IMG]
    Totally orange:
    [​IMG]

I've got a bunch of orange gear in my kit and hopefully a couple more orange handle knives on the way. I'll have to put everything together for one retina-searing picture.

14. Nathan Ihrke

Nathan Ihrke

Sep 28, 2008
    Wow, I really like the look of that knife, great profile and handle texturing. What is that steel comparable to, I have no experience with it

15. C_Claycomb

C_Claycomb

Dec 11, 2000
    I wouldn't know what it is comparable too really since I have only worked 12C27, ATS34, RWL34 and O-1. It seems easier to grind than the ATS34 and RWL34. It does seem to finish a littld different than the RWL. Still shiny, but not quite the same. Hardness is 60Rc after cryo, which I have been told it absolutely requires if it is not to be an indifferent blade. Sharpens pretty easy and so far holds it well compared to the above steels. Grinding in the anealed state is pretty easy. The only real problem is that it comes in strip form which has a definite curve, attention is needed to be sure it is straight, and it can still warp on HT.

16. marthinus

marthinus

Dec 10, 2006
    Boy do I ever suck at replying to questions!

Yes it is a small regular sebenza with self made custom scale. Used a hand saw and a round metal file to do most of the work and a drill. Barry H, (mr. H) does much better work then I do and I would advise to contact him for any such work if you are looking to purchase a scale. He was my inspiration.

17. eonXboX360

eonXboX360

Jan 26, 2009
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

18. Dorito Monk

Dorito Monk

Nov 17, 2008
    Haha, very funny. Nice picture. :thumbup: :p

19. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
  20. Jason Winston Hunter and Lanyard by Katie (my 10yo Daughter). Doesn't get much better than this! Unless it had an Orange Kydex sheath. :)

[​IMG]