Pit's Camping Trip !!!

We have just got back from a short camping trip and thought you might like to see some pics.
P8080025.jpg

P8080026.jpg

P8080031.jpg

P8080032.jpg

P8080034.jpg

Pit Jr and his buddy went fishing.....
P8080030.jpg

Me and Mrs Pit went for a hike....
P8080033.jpg

After the hike we all needed to cool off in the river, this was Maisy's favourite part of the trip !!!!
P8080036.jpg

These were my two most used tool of the trip. I'd like to add a special thank you here to fellow forumite Briangandrews for making me the great sheath for my Nessie for FREE ! This knife impresses me more each time I use it and can see it getting plenty of use now I have the sheath !!!!
P8080017.jpg

Cont'd
Pit Jr bought himself a Opinel while we were there,the edge had a bad burr on when we first got it but after a little work with ny DMT sharpener and some stropping on some cardboard this thing cut like crazy.Damn what is it with these cheap knives? I was amazed at how good this thing was, gonna have to get one for myself now !!!!!
P8080035.jpg

Soon it was time to eat and Pit Jr tried out his new cooking fork made by " Light my fire " check them out on their website they are a cool little item to throw in your kit, he could have done with a longer stick though as the smoke kept getting in his eyes !!!
P8080050.jpg

We then threw on some Cajun spiced Red Snapper.....
P8080058.jpg

Someone reminded us that they had not been fed !!!!!
P8080057.jpg

When I had a few minutes to kill I knocked up this figure 4 trap, some of my dimensions were a little off and my bait stick finished up short but the trap still functioned ok and was only for fun anyway !
P8080048.jpg

A final shot of my Nessie as the night drew in !
P8080076.jpg

Mack

Expert Ultracrepidarian
Platinum Member
Great pics.Love the Opinel but where is the Mora?

Nice stuff Pitdog, nothing like the sound of a roaring waterfall.

Mora and now Opinel? I am proud of you. You have seen the light.:D;);)

Mora and now Opinel? I am proud of you. You have seen the light.:D;);)

Yeah I have to admit they are both great knives although I don't think they work well together as they both kinda tread on each others turf !
I think an Opinel or a Mora should be paired with a more heavy duty knife that could be used to batton and pry if needed or a small axe if that's your bag !!!:thumbup:

great stuff pit...:thumbup: looks like everyone had fun...:D pit jr. score with that opinel, those things rock..

kgd

Those fall and whirl pool shots were excellent! I really like the opinel too, except my wife has pretty much stolen it from me as it usually ends up in her purse......but then I started progressively slipping her Breeden kat knife into my kit more and more - I think I'm winning on the exchange :)

Snapper looks like it would have been very tasty! I never think to bring out fish for camping, only have it outdoors when it is caught.

Sweet scenery pics, as always.

Hopefully we will be seeing lots more Nessie action pics, since it can now get some belt time :D I am glad the fit worked out all right.

I just got some Trams to fill that last niche. Fully armed for about 22.00. Mora, Opinel and now a Tram.

GEC

I love the landscape that you are surrounded by. I might have to move out there one of these days. Sweet pics as always Pit!

Awesome pics, Pit. I can't wait to get out and about in the woods again.

Looks like a great trip.

Well I guess that is one way to secure your firewood from other campers that are too lazy to cut thier own :thumbup:

A TV show on PBS just got over about Vancouer andit look like a place if I ever get some extra dough would be a great place to go.

lovely photos

Pat

Great pics, as always, Pit! Thanks for showing us some of God's most beautiful country!

Opinels have fantastic blades for their price. As you found out, just a little work will produce a great edge. Be careful about water getting into the pivot end of the handle - it can swell and lock the blade shut.

And the fish recipe - Canajen Cajun, eh? :D