PLEASE POST YOUR TRADITIONAL GERMAN FIXED BLADES & POCKET KNIVES,

Man, I really love those Fixed Blades I just posted!

I love this one as well, Colour of the Bone is great!
The popular Richartz Whale Logo's Brand, this Premium Stockman has some very nicely Jigged Bone Handles! Deep Etching on the Blade, Patina but not a lot of sharpening in it's easy life.

GkmvtCx.jpg

Very Nice Stag on this neat Robbi Klaas Whittler, a wonderful Knife that was gifted to me by a great guy!

qagxO7F.jpg

qASzmC3.jpg

Last edited:
20210731_141501~2_resize_25.jpg Carl Schlieper Eye Brand whittler, Solingen; Olsen Knife Co. small stockman, Solingen; Columbia, "Invincible" gunstock-jack pattern, etched "Germany" on the back of the main blade. German cutlers sure seem to have really liked that deep, craggy jigging on dark red-brown bone.

Sven- I really like that Top Schlieper Whittler, you should post that one in Charlies Whittler Thread! that Bone Jig is just a Hairs Breath away from Schrades Peachseed Jigging. It would be very interesting to see who made that nice Stockman for Olsens, They did get around a bit with their Contracting out - wouldn't be surprised if it was a Schlieper?
I owned an "Invincible" with the same insane deep Jig work I cannot for the life of me remember what happened to it? it may well have been given away? like you say I remember it for the very deep etching on the Blade- which I like if done tastefully.
If you see the old Sheffield or American Knives with any sort of Blade etch, people would trample to get hold of it- yet German made Knives tend to be pushed aside ( to a degree ) - I get this as if we were in some parts of Europe- it could well be the other way with favoritism to certain makes / makers. :) :thumbsup:

Sven- I really like that Top Schlieper Whittler, you should post that one in Charlies Whittler Thread! that Bone Jig is just a Hairs Breath away from Schrades Peachseed Jigging. It would be very interesting to see who made that nice Stockman for Olsens, They did get around a bit with their Contracting out - wouldn't be surprised if it was a Schlieper?
I owned an "Invincible" with the same insane deep Jig work I cannot for the life of me remember what happened to it? it may well have been given away? like you say I remember it for the very deep etching on the Blade- which I like if done tastefully.
If you see the old Sheffield or American Knives with any sort of Blade etch, people would trample to get hold of it- yet German made Knives tend to be pushed aside ( to a degree ) - I get this as if we were in some parts of Europe- it could well be the other way with favoritism to certain makes / makers. :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Sir! I like the Eye Brand whittler too. It's my only example of that brand and is fairly recent manufacture. The other two are probably a little more vintage, maybe 1970's to 80's I'm guessing. The Olsen knife looks nice but is of mediocre fit and finish, but the Columbia "Invincible" is quite nice. Thank you for the nice comments.

Following on from my Stag Fixed Blades by Anton Wigen Jr. ( previous page) here is another cool Fixed Blade

Forestry Theme to the Max, check out the small Acorns adorning the Pommel edges, also the Acorn Leaves all over Blade and Sheath!
Satin Brushed Finish to the Blades, High Relief etching on the Blades. Nicely detailed Ferrule and Sheath Fixtures and Pommel. I kind of think that a Knife like this is meant to be displayed and I do appreciate the "Presentation" theme of this Knife.

LHPe4c0.jpg

dqNyrun.jpg

ojrjarb.jpg

Bu9YAwp.jpg

Ro6b2nK.jpg

9fext6F.jpg

p1wgZGk.jpg

Sven, compare your Invincible gunstock to my Winchester on page 6 of this thread-- they appear to be identical except for the blade etches. I believe they are both the same knife as this stag handled Frank Buster Fight'n Rooster (note the unusual rear shield placement), all made by Olbertz.

t1AFO6u.jpg

Sven, compare your Invincible gunstock to my Winchester on page 6 of this thread-- they appear to be identical except for the blade etches. I believe they are both the same knife as this stag handled Frank Buster Fight'n Rooster (note the unusual rear shield placement), all made by Olbertz.

t1AFO6u.jpg
Black Mamba, I definitely agree Sir. The Invincible gunstock seems to be of the same pattern, make and manufacture as your Winchester and Fight'n Rooster gunstocks. I also noticed that my small Olsen stockman bears a strong resemblance to your Fight'n Rooster Black Widow stockman, though it is difficult to tell the size. Regarding the Invincible gunstock I have read some speculation that it wss produced for Parker, but nothing definitive. Regardless, it is a nice knife and the price was very affordable when I picked it up on the big auction site last year. Thank you for the comments.

Last edited:
After purchasing these two knives this morning, I began a quest to find out if the bottom knife in the picture below was actually made by the German Wusthof/Dreizack cutlery firm, (the top one being a Victorinox). Well, a little online researching leads me to believe that it is indeed a German Wusthof/Dreizack made knife. They apparently tried to get a piece of the Swiss Victorinox and Wenger Swiss Army Knife pie.
I doubt they made too many before they ceased their production. I mean, other Swiss Army Knife copies had come along and did okay because they were usually quite a bit cheaper than the originals. But, Wusthof/Dreizack is a pretty high end quality German knife maker, so I doubt that their pricing was much less, if at all, than the Wenger & Victorinox offerings, so that right there alone would have sealed the deal on them likely not having sold too many.
This is a mint condition specimen, only missing the keyring that is missing from it's attachment point.

Last edited:
Runninmike
What year is that Boker Barlow my friend? Is it one of the very later ones?
Hey there Cal matey! Two nice ones - give me that old one anytime my friend!! 😊👍

tuguy7

That brings back memories my friend. It was a long long time ago that I owned a very large Linder - from memory 17inches?

Back