• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

PLEASE POST YOUR TRADITIONAL GERMAN FIXED BLADES & POCKET KNIVES,

Un-Chained

Platinum Member
Thanks again Duncan !!
Not a perfect one as a proto, haven’t seen another really so who knows… a one off even?? Taken completely apart though, it can all be worked out and why not start shortly as I’m not much of a fan of said cell scales. Stay tuned my friend…

A (now) rare puma number… all stag as later versions have the lanyard-hole area bare…
60DE481F-ABCE-4EE8-BE9B-C7A48BD60182.jpeg

5K Qs

Gold Member
My bad, I just realized I was thinking of Olbertz.
Yes Hoffritz was as you described.

Somehow I confused the two because they're both German and end with a Z I guess.
I'll apologize in advance for confusing the situation even more by adding a third German company with a Z at the end of its name! 🤓 🤪
Here's a "multiplication facts" knife made by Richartz (thanks, Mark). I admire the whale on the tang stamp, even though the missing G on the left indicates the stamp was "mis-struck".
mult.mark.Vopen.stand.jpg

mult.tang.jpg

- GT

Campbellclanman

Platinum Member
Nice Stag Fixed Blade Gus! 👍

GT Richartz Whale logo is really cool - I agree - they made some stellar Knives that Company.

Wow Flymon If you were to just have the one ? that’s a VERY nice pick.

We just don’t see too many Robi Klass Knives these days - that’s a nice knife.
R Klaas stopped manufacturing and I can’t remember if they went bust or sold or someone purchased the Brandname and continued - I could be completely wrong in all of those🤪

sunknife

Gold Member
A few Robt. Klaas knives here. I believe the larger stag whittler pre dates 1969. I have no idea about the other two but would guess they are much more recent, all three were purchased on the big auction site. Really smooth blade open and close with snap that is music to the ears, especially on the larger two.
Ger Klaas-1 - 1.jpeg Ger Klaas-2 - 1.jpeg

Will Power

Gold Member
Small Weidmannsheil in thick Amber Stag and Dam.

jIHU2oP.jpg

Bastler

Gold Member
Some nice knives in this thread, but I just have to vent. I can't stand it when they etch a bunch of English on a German knife. Tree Brand, my Arsch. There, now back to the topic of fine German knives. I'll be quiet now.