• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

PLEASE POST YOUR TRADITIONAL GERMAN FIXED BLADES & POCKET KNIVES,

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
I am sure that Hoffritz was very much like Sears and Roebuck and was a Merchant Chain, I could be wrong it was a long time ago and that I read something about the Company
My bad, I just realized I was thinking of Olbertz.
Yes Hoffritz was as you described.

Somehow I confused the two because they're both German and end with a Z I guess.

Campbellclanman

Platinum Member
Yeah that podcast was fantastic- it actually helps you grow into the Book of Boker more - so, now don’t get me wrong - I don’t need encouragement to pick that book up - but after all the reading of that book - but from that Podcast there’s a lot that we all have learnt about the making of …., who wrote what section- the identification sections - Boker family details - just a very very good Podcast.

Both Neal and Ricky sounded like the very good people they are.
I don’t know Ricky at all but Neal is who I consider a mate ( a good friend ) of mine, and for him to have ties with Ricky says all I need to know about Ricky 👍

We are very blessed to have such people around us.

Jack Black

Gold Member
Speaking of German knives, earlier today I listened to the most recent episode of the “Mark of the Maker” podcast, which featured Ricky Ray and Neal Punchard, authors of the book “Boker.” I found the episode to be very engaging.
If anyone wants a link, I added one to one of the Boker threads a couple of days ago :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Campbellclanman

Platinum Member
Wow!!!
Gus - what a brilliant line up my friend- yes… watch those Cell handles - I hear that the 70’s and 80’s German cell goes off! I could be wrong but it rings a bell in a Celluloid discussion I was reading at some stage.
Love that Bright Leaf👍

Last edited:

Un-Chained

Platinum Member
I just couldn’t walk past that trapper’s blades for price ratio… possibly a future recover if it goes off as it’s a knice one. Thank you Duncan!! I’ll see what else I may be able to dig up lol.

5K Qs

Gold Member
Man that Stag Canoe is awesome. If AG had anything to do with it - it’s a darned good one my friend, Fighting Roosters are great knives too. Weird - I had some but sold them all years ago!
Thanks for your kind comments, Duncan. :)

Couple of Otter knives from me today.
The first is a Mercator Black Cat identical to ones already posted by others. Mine is probably my favorite lockback:
merc.mark.open.sundown.jpg

The second is an Otter work knife with a hefty sheepsfoot blade. I don't think the blade opens as far as it should, but it is a bombproof beast of a knife:
workman.mark.open.jpg

- GT