Please report search related problems here

A simple search of Spyderco yielded this message. <connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)>

The few times I can connect to the site when it's not giving dotDefender errors, any search (sitewide or specific forum) gives this:

connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

The site hasn't been working correctly for months now. We're all paying members. Most of us would gladly pay a little more to hire someone who can fix this quickly. We're also all knife addicts who can't stop using this site without freaking out in withdrawal. But most importantly it's affecting sales threads. We depend on this site, PLEASE fix it. QUICKLY. We'll pay to make it happen.

Tried a search at 9:23pm: "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)".

-Peter

Good evening.
I am receiving this same message starting today.

Not a big worry. I know you are working on it. I am only posting so that you know it still occurs.

Same problem last couple days -
"connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)."

Same here and there.

Isn't there anybody who has some informations for the
puzzled blade forums members?

Haebbie

I'm getting the same message everyone else is getting, search function hasn't worked in days..

Title says it. Many are having problems — maybe everybody — with the search function, getting a reply such as:

vBulletin Message

This has gone on since last weekend.

I don't know if it's a browser issue, ISP issue, or what, but as a regular reader and contributor here, I'd appreciate a note posted by the tech staff as to what the problem is and how long they estimate it'll take to get fixed.

Meanwhile, people, Google can be your friend. Put in your search term(s) and add site:bladeforums.com in the Google search box.

I've also been getting the same message, ever since the dotdefender lockups started. The 2 issues are probably related.

Threads have been merged. There was already a thread for the search problem. We don't need multiple threads for the same issue.

i'm getting this error

anyone know how to fix it?

Tried to search and got "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)"

Haven't been able to do any simple searches in a coupla days now. Connection refused.

Back