Please report search related problems here

I too get: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused) when attempting to search. Has been this way for about a week.

Search not working also when I try to pull thread started by a member the same error

Been getting the same error for a few days, an am unable to search anything on bladeforums.com :

vBulletin Message
connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Hi,
As of yesterday evening, I am unable to search on the site. I get the following message:

http://

Doesn't matter what I search for. I read through some of the stickies...but there are a lot, and I'm exhausted...kidding.

I would try to search for a solution, but I can't search. :)

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Oh, the sticky said to be specific (and I'm an IT guy, my bad). I am on OS X 10.9.5 using the most recent version of Safari. When searching with Firefox I get the same error.

Ah, Well, Thanks. It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

I tried Firefox, Chrome, and IE in Win 7. No change.

I tried Safari and Firefox on OS X. No change. Good luck!

same :(

Do I need to have a paid membership to use the search features? Specifically for forum posts from other members?
And if so, will a basic membership allow me to use those features?

Thanks--TGE

I believe registered members can search the threads. However, if you have tried and are getting a screen with this message::

Well, you are in the same boat as the rest of us... the search feature is currently kerput. The PTB are working on it but a fix has not yet occurred.

Dotdefender, search function, won't connect, what's going on? Seems like blade forums is falling apart at the moment.

Back