• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pocket Filers 2/4

I received my Pocket Filer today. Michael is a real gentleman to deal with, the product arrived well packaged and in perfect condition, and faster than he promised.

Anybody looking for a small fixed blade for EDC should really consider one of these, they're great.

Thanks for the great transaction Michael. :thumbup:

What he said!!

Thanks Michael!

I will take one of whatever color is convenient. They all look great.

carlcal AT sbcglobal DOT net

I can't click your E-mail address in your Profile, but I would like to be added to the list. I'd like one with orange scales and a black sheath. Can you do a full flat grind?

I'll send you a bit more than you asked for because of the quality I'm hearing from others :thumbup:

Last edited:
I can't click your E-mail address in your Profile, but I would like to be added to the list. I'd like one with orange scales and a black sheath. Can you do a full flat grind?

I'll send you a bit more than you asked for because of the quality I'm hearing from others :thumbup:

Thanks J-
email sent...

Michael:

Received mine today. Looks great! I absolutely LOVE this little knife. Thank you very much!!!

Hey Michael, when is the next batch of these coming out? Any different handle colors?

Hey Michael, when is the next batch of these coming out? Any different handle colors?

I think I'll be making another batch around the end of the month/first of June. Ivory no longer available. I have Black, Olive, Burgundy, Red and Natural(kindof a butterscotch color) Micarta.
-M

Those are cool... I can't resist small fixed blades. I would like one in olive please.

thanks!

Bill

I am interested in getting one of these little beauties and can't decide on what color to get but that is not my question, the question is what is the retention on the clip on the sheath and how hard is it to get the knife out of the sheath.

I am interested in getting one of these little beauties and can't decide on what color to get but that is not my question, the question is what is the retention on the clip on the sheath and how hard is it to get the knife out of the sheath.

The sheath stays securely inside jeans pockets. I haven't tried it out with casual/suit pants tho...

The knife is very easy to draw from the sheath. One little modification I did to the sheath was to round off the outside corner (carrying right front pocket, the corner farthest away from the pocket seam). Two reasons: the edge caught my hand a time or two when digging in my pocket, and the second reason being I can now comfortably place my thumb on that corner, and pull the knife out by the lanyard.

These knives are the bomb!

I received my modified Pocket Filer today. Great fit and finish, even grinds, and outstanding sheath. This knife is my new EDC. It is a pleasure doing business with Michael.:thumbup:

Michael
I am still on line to get this blade and a coffin necker from you on the 1st.
But a quick question.
The finger choil on this blade. Can it be deepened a little, made slightly elongated, and a small tab ground in to give a BOTTLE OPENER and still be a decent finger rest?
Just asking.

Michael
I am still on line to get this blade and a coffin necker from you on the 1st.
But a quick question.
The finger choil on this blade. Can it be deepened a little, made slightly elongated, and a small tab ground in to give a BOTTLE OPENER and still be a decent finger rest?
Just asking.

I don't think so, There's not enuf room...

Yeah, after I posted I thought maybe my Scale on the size may be off.
Oh well, maybe I can get a custom piece made later. would really like b opener and a small flat tip screw d on a pocket blade like this. Would be handy.

The sheath stays securely inside jeans pockets. I haven't tried it out with casual/suit pants tho...

The knife is very easy to draw from the sheath. One little modification I did to the sheath was to round off the outside corner (carrying right front pocket, the corner farthest away from the pocket seam). Two reasons: the edge caught my hand a time or two when digging in my pocket, and the second reason being I can now comfortably place my thumb on that corner, and pull the knife out by the lanyard.

These knives are the bomb!
-SPXTrader

Yeah I wear mostly BDU's, Blue Jeans and 5.11 pants and rarely if ever wear slacks.

Back