Post up your 4-5" Bushcraft blades

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by LMT66, Jan 18, 2010.

1. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Bark River Kephart and #1 and #4 Russell Grohmanns in carbon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LostViking likes this.
  2. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    There ya go. Swapped the url tags for img tags.

Nice trio.

3. PatrickKnight

PatrickKnight

Jan 24, 2012
    One of these is on my short list! I have yet to hear anyone say anything negative about one of Abe's knives.

4. Brian Jones

Brian Jones Moderator Moderator

Jan 17, 1999
    NJBillK thank you - for the first time it kept telling me the file was too large. I think Bladeforums was having a glitch.

5. jonnyt16

jonnyt16

Jul 17, 2007
    It truly is a fantastic knife and the edge he puts on it is absolutely perfect. You don't even have to sharpen this thing, just some passes on a strop after using it for a while and its back to razor sharp. I started a thread on it a little while ago here... http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1353272-Diving-Sparrow-Knifeworks-wow!!

6. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. steve o

steve o Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2013
    [​IMG][/IMG]

8. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

This is kinda like a super high end Becker bk2. Thick, sharp and the blade is just a hair under 5"

9. trestle

trestle

Feb 2, 2008
    And what's the acronym for that Busse? Fine looking handle btw, reminds me of modified skinny ASH.

10. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    BAE2 I think. Badger attack ergo 2nd edition. Just started shipping.

11. mec003

mec003

Jan 1, 2015
    That's a beaut! Love the handle.

12. trestle

trestle

Feb 2, 2008
    Are they making a thin version?

13. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    I doubt it. This one is 7/32 or .218" thick. Seems overkill but the high saber grind seems like it helps. I've not used it because I doubt I'll keep it.

14. knoefz

knoefz

Mar 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

Spyderco's Bushcraft UK is one of my favorites to take out into the woods :)

15. tknife

tknife

Mar 18, 1999
    Not super exciting, but I have really gotten back into enjoying Mora's. The Companion still being my favorite.
    [​IMG]

This ugly modified Basic works really well too
    [​IMG]

This one from Jeff White is also a favorite. Hard to beat a handmade knife that costs $40!
    [​IMG]

But my John Bradley probably sees the most use. I love this knife.
    [​IMG]

16. batosai117

batosai117 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2007
    [​IMG]

I have 3 fixed blades that fit into this category. 2 I have with me and the third is at home. The first isn't a typical "bush" style blade, it's the SOG Seal Pup. The second one surprised me with its value in that it was very inexpensive and meant to be just a beater. The Ozark Trail no namer from Wally World. The third one I have at home is the Gerber Big Rock. The Big Rock is probably my favorite of the three and it is more of a bush style / traditional fixed blade than the other two I have. I can spend a fortune on folders and gadgets but my fixed blades are pretty simple.

Sent from my electronic multi-tool.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  17. TLR

TLR

Oct 5, 1998
    Just finished this one up. Going to test it at the wilderness camp I instruct at this coming week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. knife_novice

knife_novice

Dec 25, 2015
    Mine...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

19. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    Lately I've been using and really liking Battle Horse knives. I have the Highlander, the Bushcrafter and a new custom muk. If you're into Muks then feast your eyes on this one

[​IMG]

Muk next to a busse hog muk for reference

[​IMG]