Post Up Your NEW Gear ...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by KuRUpTD, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Finan47

Finan47

Apr 18, 2017
    Rodent Rucki
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

maxkreigers, knoefz, bore and 2 others like this.
  2. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Only three knives for me.
    [​IMG]

Two knives for each of my two boys.....

[​IMG]

Also bought a steel core gun belt from Bigfoot Gun belts that is stellar, couple pairs of Deluth firehose pants.

Bought a IWB kydex holster for my carry gun. Took near a month, came after Christmas and they sent me a damn left handed holster!!!!!!!!! They have not responded yet..... Boo patriot holsters!!!!!!

Also got a few extra mags for my face, and ar15.

And a Solo campfire stove. Still need to spend some Christmas loot, but it was a good Christmas.

Shappy, A.L., bore and 3 others like this.
  3. JV3

JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    springfield armory 1911 trp rail.

[​IMG]

my 9-year old trp is no longer lonely :)

[​IMG]

Shappy, Andster2, LG&M and 2 others like this.
  4. bore

bore

May 20, 2015
    A little lantern and some candles for it. Feels well made w heavy aluminum body.

[​IMG]

The Warrior, LG&M, taldesta and 2 others like this.
  5. bore

bore

May 20, 2015
    New scope and butt stock for the K98. Lines up the scope better.

[​IMG]

6. Cryptyc

Cryptyc

Sep 24, 2013
    Fallkniven HK9, my new hunting knife

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shappy, Krav, bore and 3 others like this.
  7. Bigfattyt

Jun 23, 2007
    Solo Campfire showed up, and works dandy.
    Boiled 7 cups of water fast!!!
    [​IMG]

Tried a quick toast and eggs. Have to say, even with cast iron, the heat was very hot (even with little fuel).
    [​IMG]

bore, mewolf1, taldesta and 1 other person like this.
  8. taldesta

taldesta Retired :-) Time is the Gold Platinum Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Nice cooking :thumbsup: Is that a top load when using twigs etc.?

9. Bigfattyt

Jun 23, 2007
    Yes. You can just leave the pot or pan on, and there is a space to add fuel at the top.

Another cool thing was the bottom of the unit never seemed to get hot. I saw a guy on YouTube say you could pick it up, at full burn, with bare hands, at the very base with care, and move it. Sure enough, I tried it, and I could touch the base, even while it was shooting flames out the top for the pad 15 minutes. Picked it up and moved it.

taldesta likes this.
  10. OldNavy

OldNavy

Sep 14, 2013
    Those Solo's are slick, I have the next smaller one { titan}. Use it all the time, great for quick heat ups
    for hot cocoa or coffee singles. I rigged up a small square of wire mesh for my Toaks cup
    to sit on, the fins on the top cap are too far apart to safely set something that small

taldesta likes this.
  11. Cereal_killer

Cereal_killer

Apr 4, 2013
    @LG&M
    Got me a new toy today! Well in all reality I got it for the wife still intending on using a tube device myself as the weight difference between her and I is a bit daunting lol. (ATC-XP for now, I do still intend to try the megajul you recommended though) but I can't ask her to learn anything I'm not comfy with myself so my buddy and I took it out for some playing, er I mean "extensive testing" today and it sure is nice. Nice to rappell on too, I backed it up with an autoblock below the device (to my rt. leg loop), if you were wondering the setup.

I've used a few different assisted breaking devices before including a GG2 but never owned one so I did a lot of research and asking around and the general consensus was for the grigri so I was about to buy that when some forum comments and YouTube reviews convinced me the + was worth the upgrade but after using it today I don't see how this was worth an additional 50% of the price... The "anti-panic" feature is almost a joke. Its more like the mechanism on a click-type torque wrench, how it doesn't physically stop you from keeping on going, just gives you a click alert...

Anyway I don't have enough enough experience with it yet, or with assisted breaking devices in general to give more than my initial opinions on it. It is fun...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

* :( No new knives, just needed something to prop the gg+ up.

LG&M likes this.
  12. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    @Cereal_killer
    We use the grigri on our wall. They make it easy train someone belaying , IMO I would prefer they learn on a tube device first.
    I rappeled with the setup in your photo .I prefer using a eight .I am a custom to it. My jul2 makes for a "un-smooth " descent but it's great for belaying.
    Enjoy your new gear.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Cereal_killer likes this.
  13. bore

bore

May 20, 2015
    Couple knives. SRK in carbon sk5 and a Buck 119

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jmh33 likes this.
  14. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
  15. bore

bore

May 20, 2015
    Picked up a Mossin to keep the SVT company:)

[​IMG]

Shappy, PatrickP08 and JV3 like this.
  16. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    It's Mosin. Actually Mosin-Nagant. The designers were Sergei Mosin and Léon Nagant

bore likes this.
  17. JV3

JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    glock 43 with trijicon hd :) i'm waiting on a taran tactical +2 and hyve technologies +1 base plates to see which i like better before buying more.

[​IMG]

Shappy and bore like this.
  18. Bigfattyt

Jun 23, 2007
    [​IMG]

bore likes this.
  19. JV3

JV3

Mar 17, 2010
    another month another new glock :D my favorite pistol overall is the gen 5 g17 so i bought a backup...i think i'll buy another one next month and a backup g43 and call it good for awhile.

[​IMG]

hyve +1 base plates with taran tactical +2 springs for the g43 mags.

[​IMG]

my glock collection so far.

[​IMG]

Shappy and bore like this.
  20. bore

bore

May 20, 2015
    Picked up this boot knife on impulse. Had one years ago. Wondering what kind of steel it is. It's a Japanese Khyber in stainless steel. Has 2750 stainless steel stamped on the blade. Is 2750 a stainless steel or model number? Not much info online. I thought Japanese used Aus8. Here's a pic. Nice little knife[​IMG]