Post your Becker knives pics here

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by myright, Dec 3, 2008.

1. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Today’s assortment of randomness...
    [​IMG]

2. Mass1632

Mass1632 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2019

That husdon bay is one that is somewhat on my list but theres no need for it with so many other large blades i have, including the king. That unrefined part of it really is a large part of the appeal to me.

GeofS likes this.
  3. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    When I say unrefined, I mean more than rustic, I mean amateur. You see the scale staining around the pin? Probably epoxy. That’s what I’m talking about. The sheath is bonded leather, I put conditioning oil on it and it couldn’t absorb. Even my newer Plan A, which was beautifully designed by a Beckerhead, has some issues. The scale pins were grinded down very coarse, the lanyard hole had sharp edges, and the kydex sheath’s top is a bit messy. Condor isn’t big league yet.

Mass1632 likes this.
  4. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Back when the Hudson Bay was around 40 bucks it was a screaming deal. It’s still decent for what it is. The two I mess around with have worked well for me.

FADF9FBD-C423-44BF-9536-4BB558E43C71.jpeg

Tanker 1/66, knoefz, GeofS and 2 others like this.
  5. Mass1632

Mass1632 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2019

Thanks for the detail and a bit of warning about it. Im kinda glad i never pulled the trigger on it. The only condor i have is the the parang (the longer one) which i like it enough but find it a little unwieldy. Think ill look more at the esee expat libertariat for a large blade with an unrefined look to it.

6. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    I have that too. :)

Crag the Brewer likes this.
  7. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Back Back Yard reclamation project
    [​IMG]
    Couple of Work Horses Bk21 and my MS180
    [​IMG]

8. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Tanker 1/66, GeofS and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  9. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    DSC_0023.JPG
    Didn't bother to clean it last night, because I figured I'd be doing the same thing again today.
    Tried using Secure Set on some posts, and had to cut them back out because they were anything but secure. (I used my pry bar for most of it; but the knife was a better tool for finishing the job...and this one needed to be sharpened, anyway)

dingy, Xr6x, MolokaiRider and 3 others like this.
  10. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Thanks for the Heads up on the secure set:thumbsup:

GeofS and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  11. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    You're welcome.
    I was willing to chalk the first one up to user error; so I tried it again - mixing it until the stuff was heating up before I poured it in. I let that sit more than 12hrs (much longer than directed), and the post still wobbled all over the place with minimal effort. I dug it back out this afternoon, and placed an order for enough concrete to secure my anchor posts.

GeofS, JJ_Colt45 and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  12. Optimized

Optimized Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2018
    7A0F1334-ACDA-4155-B5B7-07A9A97113A5.jpeg Clipped BK2s with Oak and Micarta scales and two KABAR Swabbies with oak scales

13. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    Nicely done! I like them. :thumbsup:

Optimized, Xr6x and Mass1632 like this.
  14. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Yeah, I don't think they're swinging for that particular "big league", as you put it.
    They're definitely aiming for the low-end rustic market with stuff that's better than the chinesium junk. Their blades should be hella tough. They use 1075 steel (mostly, I believe), and run them pretty soft. They're produced offshore (vs. the US, but at least around our longitudes) to meet that price point, and I think you get at least what you pay for, which is actually a very good mark in their favor. I wouldn't expect fancier finishes and geometries without a large percentage increase in price.

Mass1632 and GeofS like this.
  15. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    I agree with you for the most part. Their Plan A knife imo does seem to try to hit that higher caliber of quality.

16. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    With micarta scales and an @azwelke kydex sheath; my modern Beckhart...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
  18. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    Today’s random group of blades...
    [​IMG]

19. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    What's the bottom blade? Sure is small.

GeofS likes this.
  20. GeofS

Mar 9, 2018
    It’s tiny little knife from a company owned by a man with a tiny little reputation. lol

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Crag the Brewer and The Warrior like this.