Post your Becker knives pics here

Too bad Becker/Kabar doesn't make a tomahawk similar to the Belgian Fire Brigade axe. I would buy one in a heartbeat. Or make a new version of the Machax again too.

Last edited:
Hey Stavast. I havent gotten the chance to use the BK7 in the field as much as I have the KA BAR. But all indications from the blade shape (I like the wider blade and thicker handle) and the way it handles, I think i'll like it a lot more. Like the KA BARs sheath better though.

BK7 ready for new custom handles.
will most likely use Bocote.
cause it is so crazy
buzz

BK9 :thumbup: Beastly.

4cc5557c.jpg

b500ee86.jpg

0e6ee8cc.jpg

12973edb.jpg

Nice workout for thr bk9 but why the plastic bag?

Hey Stavast. I havent gotten the chance to use the BK7 in the field as much as I have the KA BAR. But all indications from the blade shape (I like the wider blade and thicker handle) and the way it handles, I think i'll like it a lot more. Like the KA BARs sheath better though.
Thanks JB that's what I wanted to hear..

Nice workout for thr bk9 but why the plastic bag?

We were car camping at a campsite, wood harvesting not allowed in the area so we had to bring our own wood in. Had some seasoned oak logs to break down, but bought a bag of light kindling to get the fire going faster so I could just chunk split logs on it. Saves time over breaking down seasoned oak to stick and smaller sizes....

The Kabar BK7 and BK-2:

BeckerBk2-BK7Kabar.jpg

Kabar BK7 with BK13: :D
Kabar_BeckerBK7_5.jpg

Camillus and Kabar BK7: :thumbup:
Kabar_BeckerBK7_2.jpg

both my Beckers where screaming for some action
so I decided to let them eat some oak.

boom3.jpg

king of the tree
boom2.jpg

still shaving sharp; amazing!!
boom1.jpg

BK2 had also a great appetite
boom4.jpg

They performed both very well .The bk9 outchopped the bk2 about three to one.
general advice : don't chop a three with a diameter that is over the length of the blade. The bk9 had lose bolts in the end Kabar needs to use loctite!

The bk9 had lose bolts in the end Kabar needs to use loctite!

i've seen a vid on youtube of some dude chopping and batoning with a bk9. after all said and done, one of his bolts comes loose too.

is this something that commonly happens with this knife or is this part of the charm of this bad boy (just carry a hex driver with you?)

do some of the bk brothas out on this forum actually loctite the bolts?

thx!

i've seen a vid on youtube of some dude chopping and batoning with a bk9. after all said and done, one of his bolts comes loose too.

is this something that commonly happens with this knife or is this part of the charm of this bad boy (just carry a hex driver with you?)

do some of the bk brothas out on this forum actually loctite the bolts?

thx!

i've never had one come loose once i've tightened them, but i've always done that, and i don't tend to fiddle with them, or take stuff apart later, unless things are really spooged. never did loctite either, but it can't hurt.

i'd just guess that the KaBar people are just making sure they are tight but not insane. on anything new, just assume that during break in, things gets loose, fix it up, done. want to make REALLY sure, and keep the rust out of the bolts, i'd use loctite. going to take it apart a lot? use anti-seize.

Bladite

Last edited:
I've had mine scales come loose from batoning, but I usually just tighten it up again. If I were planning on being out for a while, I'd probably loctite mine just in case.

First post on BF

Figured I should make it count.
bk11_01.jpg

bk11_02.jpg

Just picked up the necker last weekend and now I am pondering the best way to attach it to my pack or belt. Might just whip up something homegrown.

The item in the band is a firesteel. Home made handle from aluminum with el-cheapo compass in the end, and a paracord lock whistle. I will need to remove some of the black on the spine of the blade to help create some sparks.

Great pics fellas!

That BK9 is one of my favorite knives. I've got to post some more pics of it.

Have a Becker Necker en route. Looking forward to it!

In the meantime, I just have to ask: Is there anything built by man that this trio coudn't completely reduce to rubble?

SERIOUS metal. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

• Tools001.jpg
    Tools001.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 183
I have tried to carry mine a variety of ways...I am not at all impressed with the TDI clip. I was getting so frustrated in finding an easy comfortable way to carry the beast that I finally put some paracord through the holes nice and tight creating two belt loops. I go through the first loop of my pants belt, then through the cord. When I sinch it down....it is perfect. I literally forget I have it on me. It fits right at my bend point like a charm. I install the loops for horizontal carry, it would not work vertically for me. I bend and dig and do all sorts of stuff landscaping that demands...not getting stuck in the kidney by the handle.

Anyway, this works for me and I am very active..... By the way, the sheath is terrific with great retention...and the knife is a joy to use.

Good luck!

First post on BF

Figured I should make it count.
bk11_01.jpg

bk11_02.jpg

Just picked up the necker last weekend and now I am pondering the best way to attach it to my pack or belt. Might just whip up something homegrown.

The item in the band is a firesteel. Home made handle from aluminum with el-cheapo compass in the end, and a paracord lock whistle. I will need to remove some of the black on the spine of the blade to help create some sparks.

Back