Post your Becker knives pics here

From zero to four Beckers in just a few months.. I was originally planning to sell my first BK2 (the one that's now been stripper and polished) after I purchased the bk2 with grey micarta scales...but now that I've polished it, done some work on the scales and customized two sheaths for it, it's now my favorite Becker..

photo1qmh.jpg

photo2cd.jpg

photo3ymw.jpg

photo7ws.jpg

photo9ph.jpg

photo11jm.jpg

photo13tk.jpg

photo15q.jpg

photo16u.jpg

photo17e.jpg

photo18s.jpg

photo19nj.jpg

photo21d.jpg

photo23lw.jpg

photo24u.jpg

Nice work. I like the firesteel idea. ;) The micarta scales look sweet, some of the best I've seen...

Thanks! Though the "firesteel idea" was all yours, brother...I obviously got the idea from your sheath modding thread. The cable clamps fit my firesteel perfectly.
Good to see it worked out for ya. Really looks nice. BTW, what did you do to make the micarta look like that? Like I said, one of the best I've seen.

Good to see it worked out for ya. Really looks nice. BTW, what did you do to make the micarta look like that? Like I said, one of the best I've seen.

I posted this in another thread where someone asked about them...

rrogerstx said:
That was about a two month long process of staining and then removing some or most of the stain by sanding...because I wasn't happy with the color...and then repeating the process again with different stain or dye and hoping for better results. I'm finally happy with the outcome.

I was originally hoping for grey or black but that doesn't seem possible with the Becker Micarta Scales. Light brown to dark brown is about the best that you can hope for...at least in my experience.

Here's what I did..

1. Black Rit Dye
2. Sand
3. Black Shoe Polish
4. Sand
5. Cherry wood stain
6. Sand
7. Black Mahagony wood stain
8. Sand
9. Another attempt with Black Rit Dye.
10. Black permanent marker.
11. A very light wet sand.
12. More black Rit dye.

DONE!!! So just repeat that process for the same results!! Lol.

Hey rroger, where did you find those gray micarta handles? I'm trying to find several colors but only come across the standard set sold by Becker/ka-bar and I don't like the color of them very much. I did find teal on ebay but I'm noy a big teal fan either.

Hey rroger, where did you find those gray micarta handles? I'm trying to find several colors but only come across the standard set sold by Becker/ka-bar and I don't like the color of them very much. I did find teal on ebay but I'm noy a big teal fan either.

Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop. They don't sell the scales separately though. You have to buy the BK2 with the micarta scales plus the kydex sheath as a package deal.

Back