Post your firearms collection!

SBR actually refers to a short barrel rifle. In WA we can't own a pistol with a shoulder stock, it becomes a rifle and a rifle with that short a barrel is illegal here.

Yes thats some very welcome entertainment Berkley. Those are beautiful pieces and also thanks for the more modern ones Morgo. Dang a glock 9mm mag with 28 round mag:eek: Didnt know they existed? Pardon my ignorance but what is that revolver on the left bottom? Thats very nice looking! Love the wood!

Its actually a Glock 33 round mag :)
If its the blued one its a Colt Diamondback 4" .38 special

Wow. What about a long barrel pistols? Are they illegal in WA too?
SBR actually refers to a short barrel rifle. In WA we can't own a pistol with a shoulder stock, it becomes a rifle and a rifle with that short a barrel is illegal here.

Last edited:
Kind of tough to have all them beauties in Australia isn't it? Lots of hoops to jump through?.

It certainly is and there certainly are :)
They really try to make it as hard as possible with all the hassles involved, not too bad once you get through it all though.

Wow. What about a long barrel pistols? Are they illegal in WA too?

Nope, long barrel pistols are fine as long as you can't bring it up to your shoulder. And please don't ask me what the reasoning is. I think it is one of the stupidest things ever. Like it makes a rifle more dangerous if the barrel is shorter than 16inches. Btw, the SBR rules are BATFE laws not WA specific. WA just says owning them here is illegal completely. Federal law defines SBRs as an NFA classified firearm in the USA. Here is the direct information from BATFE's explanation:

SBRs may be created by trimming down a larger rifle, by building a rifle with an original barrel shorter than 16 inches, or by adding a shoulder stock to a handgun which is fitted with a barrel shorter than 16 inches, thereby legally redefining it as a rifle rather than a handgun. Each of these processes must legally be accompanied by BATFE registration. Certain old handguns originally available with shoulder stocks, such as original broomhandle Mausers or Lugers, made before 1946, more likely to be valued as curios or relics than as weapons, have been removed from federal SBR restriction but may be restricted under local gun laws.[2] Certain "trapper model" rifles originally factory-made before 1934 with barrels under 16 inches have similarly been removed from federal SBR restriction (the BATFE publishes a Curios and Relics List of models and serial number ranges). While SBRs on the Curio & Relic List are not "firearms" regulated under the 1934 National Firearms Act, they are still "firearms" regulated by the 1968 Gun Control Act.

I think this law is just changing as we speak. I think effective June 1 SBR's are legal in Washington. I really don't understand it all, like most gun laws it's confusing as heck. We still have to meet the fed guidelines, get a 200 dollar tax stamp, go through the hoops but now it can happen.

There's suppose to be some more info shortly as they anticipate a bunch of folks coming in wanting a sign off by the chief for the tax stamp.
Another true joke in and of itself.

Mongo! That .30 carbine AMT!! I don't even know what to say. Looks like it would be fun to shoot once. Two shots in a single session might be pushing it. :thumbup:

Mongo! That .30 carbine AMT!! I don't even know what to say. Looks like it would be fun to shoot once. Two shots in a single session might be pushing it. :thumbup:
Its quite pleasant to shoot, everyone knows when your shooting it though. Nice loud bang and fireball :)

Canadian- you can use denatured alchohol to degrease. Not as toxic as brake cleaner, and does a great job.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you." - Sachel Paige

Just the way I feel about sharing on the internet my firearms.

Seems as if the last several pages have been largely devoid of responsive posts, so I'll throw these oldsters out for entertainment:

f5au5k.jpg

Do you they make those for the New Army model? my old man has an Uberti and I think it would make a very unique gift someday

Here you go Shavru, ask and you shall receive. I couldn't find my camera so pardon the crappy phone pics but here are my toys.

20140331_140526_zps6e4c7dc2.jpg

20140331_140717_zpsb96c3a88.jpg

20140331_141210_zps69034f12.jpg

20140331_151011_zps66dcbacf.jpg

Very nice Halfsquelch, That Scar is sweet, and the bolt rifle, wow. Very nice indeed.

Here is one from my humble group, It is a 1942/3 Enfield all matching #'s including the stock pieces and mag. This little gem came to me as an as is from a supplier and was covered in cosmo and white crust which meant it got wet at some point. I almost sent it back, but something said hold on to it clean it up and see what it is before you send it back. As I was cleaning it up which took about a week I started to notice the numbers matched and the bore was mint, then I started to see the stock also was numbered and all matched as well and has the factory stamps were bright and clear. All I did was scuff the stock with 4 O steel wool and then a coat or two of BLO and this was the result.

Jeebus! I love WWII era stuff!

I'm no gun expert, or even apprentice, is that a Short Magazine Lee Enfield which I just happen to not see the bolt handle or is it some Semi auto Enfield?

EDIT: looking from my phone, pics are tiny. Found the bolt handle lol...

Droool.. Halfsquelsh. I can just picture a Seeking precision compensator on that. Would look awesome with the barrel and very effective. Looks like Badger bottom plate? beautiful work. What's the work up weight? And have you finished breaking in the barrel and finding it's perfect rounds yet? You reload and plan to handfit a round to that beauty right? With all the work you put into making it, it would break my heart if you were planning to use factory rounds LOL.

Jeebus! I love WWII era stuff!

I'm no gun expert, or even apprentice, is that a Short Magazine Lee Enfield which I just happen to not see the bolt handle or is it some Semi auto Enfield?

EDIT: looking from my phone, pics are tiny. Found the bolt handle lol...

Good thing! I was looking at the bolt going huh?? Cell phone pics = EVIL. VERY EVIL.

Pugs!! WOW!! sometimes a bit of cleaning and something everyone else passed up on becomes the belle of the ball. That is awesome and you say the bore is minty? Good thing do occasionally happen to good people. Good to know :)

Back