Post your GEC Collection

Is the fourth from the left on the bottom (clip 15) white bone? That one and the rust red jigged (first on the same row from left) look outstanding. You've got a fine, fine collection there!

Fourth from left is a 15 clip with smooth ivory bone covers. In terms of design, functionality and simplicity, the 15 boys knife with long pull clip blade is a favourite pattern / type. The rust red is particularly neat and came from a much respected BF member. As did most of these. Thanks for your compliment. MJ.

Fourth from left is a 15 clip with smooth ivory bone covers. In terms of design, functionality and simplicity, the 15 boys knife with long pull clip blade is a favourite pattern / type. The rust red is particularly neat and came from a much respected BF member. As did most of these. Thanks for your compliment. MJ.
15 clip IS a great pattern with the long pull or the nick. Thanks for sharing your collection!

I really like your collection...…. It has a nice variety and is well balanced...…. You have a lot to be proud of......
Thanks sir! Yes I agree, it’s a good size and balance as you said. I’m fortunate to have lucked out on a few pieces from the early days!

As she stands! I didn’t include what I’m about to sell for obvious reasons.

hRc81zX.jpg
That striped buffalo horn #92 is amazing!

full

I blame Konmari... I used to have maybe 20 GECs, but after some soul searching I narrowed it down to four.
Four because the trapper, the beer scout and the barlow are set aside for my kids, one for each made in their birth year.
I may sneak Mike's 14 sawcut SFO back into the collection too, before it goes out the door. I have a feeling I'll regret letting that one go.

I keep most of my knives in Plano “Stowaway” boxes; this keeps them neatly organized and makes it easy to pick which one (or ones) I’m going to carry for the day.

But I keep my 14s in a display case on my desk. They’re just too beautiful to keep hidden away. This way, the only one that’s out of sight is the one in my pocket.

(Ebony clip point not pictured. It was in my pocket.)

2D1D6A58-F187-4E3C-AFCE-73A0A2E38928.jpeg

Back