Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Lets see those Huntsman blades at work! :D

Ill start

Making a feather stick with my personal EDC

20140816_144721_zpsba7b6dd0.jpg

Fell Beast casually ripping through a steel barrel

20140219_135546_zpsb9070312.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with my huntsman knives. I've been cutting up some firewood. Here are the three tools I've been using.

0184.jpg

Eucalyptus obliqua. Hardwood, hard enough the axe often bounces off. The bolo often outperforms the axe - it's lighter but a lot sharper and digs a lot deeper. Also much easier to aim so less misses, and a lot less fatigue. It's basically an axe.

0185.jpg

I've used the Liberator bolo to cut through hardwood logs this size (below). I've chopped everything with it from trees growing through fence lines (often hit the wire where the tree has grown around it), blackberry, soft weeds, rocks (regular accident). Nothing but the very occasional very small edge roll, mainly from rocks. No chipping. I've pounded it pretty hard on the spine with a metal hammer, batoning through eucalyptus logs - a few small dents on the spine, nothing on the blade.

0186.jpg

I've also got the Fell Beast. Works better for smaller stuff (woody weeds) and liberator better for bigger stuff, but both do both with ease. Busse NMFBM fatty for comparison (perspective in this pic makes it look a bit bigger compared to the other two than it is). The two huntsmans chop much much better than my NMFBM, CGFBM, B11 when it comes to big stuff I have to say, much as I love my busses.

0187.jpg

These things really are Beasts! :thumbup:

Grats on the forum, been away for awhile, it's great to see you are still at it.
My one and only, bought this one way back, was using it to process up some yard stuff the other day ( old pics though from when I first got her)

969C8BC1-9294-4780-BF80-FD2D2C50252C-332-0000001F08389DA2.jpg

E40C5308-CD93-4686-8AA8-E9F7E772A273-332-0000001F159BE361.jpg

Finally got to snap some pics. This is where this beast usually gets its workout. Having a forest behind the house really makes it tough to keep the encroaching weeds and trees away from the fence.

IMG_2912_zpsyzycryq4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2913_zps7gmrpmtx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2915_zpsalhlecki.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2916_zpspbtk4c4m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After about two minutes.
IMG_2917_zpsdshxhaiy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After about 15 minutes......done!
IMG_2919_zpsgyg1bt4m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The weight and swing of this thing is perfect. The heat treat is spot on. I full swing this thing into the ground where it's throwing sparks off of rocks and there is almost no edge damage. A minute on the sharpener got it shaving again.
IMG_2920_zpsaeddzhk8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2922_zpsghket3kh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2923_zpsb6sado8n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Some glamour shots just because.
IMG_2924_zpsozgbrygi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2925_zpspubw8bqt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2927_zps9tuxzupf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2928_zpseiszgpha.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And of course I had to make it glow. (bad pic though)
IMG_2929_zpsmlzp8fur.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Overall I couldn't be happier with this thing. Outstanding job!

Glad to see you guys using your blades hard!

Tankerwolf, that has to be my favorite handle I've ever done. I've gotta do some more cool combos like that. :thumbup:

I love the handle combo. The pics don't really do it justice. In the sun you can see the light faintly shine through the ghost jade and it looks awesome. Thank you again. Love it.

Poor color in the pic but I get home just before 7 each night so there is no light this late till spring comes back. I have a lot of choppers and use the golok just to level set. Anything better than it gets my approval. The liberator handled just as well as the golok but out chopped it. The machete in the pic is heavier than the liberator but doesn't chop nearly as well. I just wanted something heavier to compare to.
The bolo is impressive. I need to give it much more work to do.

TGM out limbing some pines this morning.

VCl2Y9c.jpg

Fell Beast and Fjord Hiker

R0qsjei.jpg

4paQRYS.jpg

Fell Beast, 52100
True Grass Machete, .070", cpm-3v
Liberator Bolo, 52100

voZtaAU.jpg

TGM is unbelievably light in hand !

I've been cutting a bunch of grass and shrubbery to try it out and vegetation just pops right off - it will make a top quality gardening tool :D I actually got it for woody weeds like blackberry, I'll see how it performs soon.

My first two. The liberator bolo is an excellent tool. I have owned a lot of big knives and this among the best. 20180310_153006.jpg

20180310_152651.jpg Here are a couple matching sets. The set on the right are fell chef machetes. Set on the left are fell best machetes. I have tried both and like both lengths. The smaller model is a good light machete that can also do since heavy work like delimbing. Obviously it doesn't hit as hard as its brothers but its a nice size package

And the bid daddies. These are the length of fell beasts but the shape and thickness of the liberator bolo. For short spurts of work I love em. 20180310_153114.jpg

Back