Post your pet photos here!

Rotts are wonderful dogs! The "butchers dog" has all the right characteristics for a great family pet. I wish pits had more traits of rotts, people would be less prone to fight them. Not knocking pits, but its true. I do love all dogs.

Yours looks to have more of the traditional german blood lines, whats the lineage? Good looking pup.

-Xander

Thanks for the kind words, Xander! My wife and I have put countless hours into her training as we didn't want her to be one of "those" Rotties. Her lineage is all Romanian. I understand that the Romanians still use them for herding/pulling/working. She has shocking strength for sure! While she's very gentle and well mannered most places we go, sometimes she just sees someone she must sense something about, and I can tell by her body language that she's not a happy camper. I tend to give people she doesn't like a wide berth. I trust her instincts.
I love Pitties! It's a shame that they went from America's dog, to being so villified. I think in most cases dogs are better than humans.

This is my little girl, Tessie. She is a big baby, but at 115 pounds, she can be a very intimidating presence. She is a true gentle giant, but one can never underestimate the power or protectiveness of a Rottweiler.

Gorgeous dog. I grew up with three rotties and theyre just great companions. Our biggest, Bruno was around 130lbs so I know what you mean about the intimidation factor.

I'm in an urban apartment with my girlfriend and we don't have the time or the space for a dog just yet...

So, we picked up this little five year old bundle of joy:

We adopted her over the summer and she's easily the most unique cat I've ever been around. She gives kisses like a dog and doesn't put up with any crap, very strong willed. She's also a attention needing lap cat and she talks A LOT...Never met a cat with this much personality.

Evan, what a beautiful cat! Her coloring is amazing! When I was a kid we had a cat that had tons of personality like that. Enjoy her, she's gorgeous!

Thanks for the kind words, Xander! My wife and I have put countless hours into her training as we didn't want her to be one of "those" Rotties. Her lineage is all Romanian. I understand that the Romanians still use them for herding/pulling/working. She has shocking strength for sure! While she's very gentle and well mannered most places we go, sometimes she just sees someone she must sense something about, and I can tell by her body language that she's not a happy camper. I tend to give people she doesn't like a wide berth. I trust her instincts.
I love Pitties! It's a shame that they went from America's dog, to being so villified. I think in most cases dogs are better than humans.

Yeah, I can believe that in old europe they still use them as working dogs. The traditional blood line really shows through in the shape of the face, longer snout, less pronounced stop, ears slightly more forward, everything a working dog should have. I love seeing old breeds like this that stick to the traditionl standard, unlike so many that have been bred for different designer traits. Look at the Rhodesian ridgback, they're trying to breed down the size of the dogs, showing males under 100# even!

I bet she even has a pronounced waist line, unlike American rotts I see that are the shape of a whiskey barrel. A working dog could never succeed shaped that way. Fat heads, short snouts, straight bodies and stumpy legs perched on the outsides of the body. They're herders, not fighters!

Yeah, dogs instinct is generally pretty good, my boy Radar is pretty easy going, so when he alerts to someone we all take notice. My pup, Weber, on the other hand hasn't shown any signs of that trait yet, but he's just 11mos. He does make sure we all stay in a tight herd though! But all we know about his breed is that he is a dog lol, no clue as he is just such a mix of traits/features!

Evan, cats, meh. No offense, just not my favorite critter! Proud to be cat free since 2009! Lol.

-Xander

Correct appraisal Xander! Yes she does have more of a tuck up than most. She also has legs that are thick, but just a touch longer than most Rotties. She has an overall almost athletic look, but rugged and sturdy. A real working dog build, not a show dog build. Know what I mean?
We were at a store we frequent, and there was this guy in there she didn't take to. She just sat there, but I was chuckling to myself watching her keep shifting her butt around to keep herself between him and me.

Last edited:
Eager to ATTACK and chase anything...

Same walk as the "leg" photo I just posted in random photos..

IMG_0364_resize.jpg

Our adopted dog, Tyrion.

WbIc

Curious, with all the dog fanciers among us, what's everyone feed their four legged family members?

I feed Nutri-Source grain free seafood (salmon and menhadden) based food to both Radar and Weber. 100% US sourced ingredients, certified organic ingredients where possible, high caloric content, moderate protein levels and 98% bio-availablitiy of guaranteed live cultures.

For those that don't know, I manage a pet store and have quite a bit of knowledge of how most all the major foods on the market compare to one another and how each type of food can help your dog. So if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me.

-Xander

I switched from Nutro Max to Chicken Soup for dogs. Here is an old pic of my boy Pooper aka Taz .
124360079_2c88850fbe_o.jpg

He's been on Science Diet, small kibble for older dogs since we rescued him. We couple it with some oatmeal and various flavors of Blue Buffalo soft food.

Only the best (well close to it as far as bagged food goes), Solid Gold Wolf King. 4 cups a day. PIG...

I have one of the best wives in the world!

I miss this guy dearly.

1QFy

Happy Valentines day, folks. Remember, if you love them then there's no day like today to express it.

-Bobby

What a cute cat! You guys have a name for him, or is it just The Dude? :D

Here's a pic of my bestest buddy in the world. Jitterbug, RIP at the age 20. Just passed 7/27. Gonna miss you, pal.

photo-1-1.jpg

What a cute cat! You guys have a name for him, or is it just The Dude? :D

Here's a pic of my bestest buddy in the world. Jitterbug, RIP at the age 20. Just passed 7/27. Gonna miss you, pal.

View attachment 463280

Dude, Duder or El Dudearino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. :D

Great pic and painting Farchyld, a well deserved tribute. My in-laws neighbors have a cat named Jitterbug... Jade is always asking about it.

Jitterbug is a quality name. Thanks, D. I'd say he's somewhere better now, but there's no better place like home with family.

I'm pretty sure Big Kitty does something like this when I leave for AA.

[video=youtube;lAHUU-bfyK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAHUU-bfyK8[/video]

Back