• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Postal Packages

I haven't posted here for fear of jinxing myself but a few have been delayed and one is currently MIA on its way to Oklahoma. However, one I mailed on 12/31 was delivered to Germany today. Go figure.

So weird!!! I have a similar tale regarding shipping to Oklahoma. I sent out three priority envelopes (one to Hawaii, one to Michigan, and one to Oklahoma) on January 2. The ones that were sent to Hawaii and Michigan arrived a day early and the one to Oklahoma is still showing "arriving late" (it should have landed on 1/6). This is the last updated message...

January 7, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

Got this same blow-off message for over two weeks after meds left Pittsburg (wrong city/state), then pills arrived with both bottles crushed after no further Tracking. Just swell.

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

Got this same blow-off message for over two weeks after meds left Pittsburg (wrong city/state), then pills arrived with both bottles crushed after no further Tracking. Just swell.

Really gonna run this instance into the ground ain’t ya. Halfway through the Earth by now LOL. It’s that armpit area of OH. Gotta get out!

I made two purchases from the same vendor 5 days apart. They both shipped from the same location which was Providence, Rhode Island by First Class Package. One shipped on 1/6 and the other shipped on 1/11. They are both Out for Delivery today. Not bad. Just weird.

I bought a couple of knives off here shipped on the 11th and it's due for delivery today from California to Kansas City so that's really good, hopefully things are turning around.

Has anyone stopped buying items needing to be shipped because of the the current backlog?

Has anyone stopped buying items needing to be shipped because of the the current backlog?

Yes I have, nothing in the last 3 weeks.

I have about 25 Olight's to sell but I can't put myself through the stress of waiting for them to get where their going & reading the famous line that my package is running late but still moving threw the system.

No, and for the most part things seem back to normal...last week and this week my USPS shipments were right on time or a day late at most (inbound and outbound).

Got one package today on scheduled delivery day, and one package arrived a day early. Also my first of three knives I recently sold was delivered today on time. Seems like things are back to normal.

Delivered today I got a holiday card from the west coast postmarked December 15th, 2020. Also have a first class package that's been "arriving late" for a while, now scheduled for delivery tomorrow. That will be 9 days in the system.

Yup, things are back to normal lol!

"If you have something you need guaranteed shipped, don't us USPS..that's what I tell all my people" ...a direct quote from my USPS mailman..Last Sunday I ordered a Closeout sale item from "Northsea Clothing" in London England..Three days later, Wednesday at 5:38 pm I have a DHL carrier handing me a package....This whole USPS cluster F**** is another China Flu Hoax and a criminal investigation needs to be launched. USPS just got another $43 Billion dollars from Congress and the American Taxpayers...if they can't figure this shit out...they need to be Shut down and disbanded..Packages in St Louis MO are running 9-14 days behind schedule from delivery date...

"If you have something you need guaranteed shipped, don't us USPS..that's what I tell all my people" ...a direct quote from my USPS mailman..Last Sunday I ordered a Closeout sale item from "Northsea Clothing" in London England..Three days later, Wednesday at 5:38 pm I have a DHL carrier handing me a package....This whole USPS cluster F**** is another China Flu Hoax and a criminal investigation needs to be launched. USPS just got another $43 Billion dollars from Congress and the American Taxpayers...if they can't figure this shit out...they need to be Shut down and disbanded..Packages in St Louis MO are running 9-14 days behind schedule from delivery date...
Unfortunately, this is exactly what those responsible want you to think.

Last edited:
This just popped up in my email this morning...USPS Priority mail 3 Day fro Monkeyedge.com . This is how it begins..this package will pounce around StLouis for at least 7-9 more days..
Tracking History
January 16, 2021, 2:21 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER on January 16, 2021 at 2:21 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 15, 2021, 9:59 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SAINT LOUIS MO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 15, 2021, 10:45 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
SAINT LOUIS MO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 14, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
January 11, 2021, 11:53 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
January 11, 2021, 5:30 pm
Departed Post Office
MESA, AZ 85206
January 11, 2021, 3:15 pm
USPS picked up item
MESA, AZ 85206

I'm having the same problem in St.Lou, Shipped on the 6th still no package. It took 3 weeks to get from Virginia to St.Louis, Hell I could have walked there in that time, expected delivery on Jan 11. It looks like they missed it a bit. Dam slow azz mail, where's that little fat bald headed guy that started all this mess tearing up the PO's like he did.

I've heard from a person that lives in a State Capital city that USPS has been removing blue mail boxes saying that they are worried the boxes will be targets for terrorism. In my city they were removing them over the summer saying the were targets for theft. After public outcry they stopped that. Seems any excuse will be used to reduce our services.

It's normal protocol to remove drop boxes for special events - such as an inaugurations, conventions, etc. It's a security basic - been done for 20 years. That goes for USPS, Fedex and UPS boxes too.
And yes they have been removing some drop boxes - because no one uses a lot them anymore. I can't remember the last time I used a USPS drop box. Same reason they have removed some sorting machines - that sort letters - NOT pkgs ………… they don't all get used, cost $ to maintain (they are old) and need they space for pkgs. Letter volume at USPS has been dropping substantially for years....hence they do not need as many now. If you had five cars because you had a wife and three kids that needed them and you had to maintain, pay taxes and pay insurance for them all - but then your kids moved away (got their own cars) and your wife died > would you keep the 5 cars and pay to maintain them all when you only need one or two now?? I doubt it.

Back