Progress report on BF 2012 knife!

For next year, I would like a large two-blade pattern that is still small enough to pocket carry. I would think something about 4 to 4.25" in length closed. Definitely want jigged bone or stag handles. Maybe a slightly larger knife like GEC's Pioneer.

Wow, those look awesome. Good work to all involved who made this happen. I'm really kicking myself for not ordering one when I had the money.

Wow, those look awesome. Good work to all involved who made this happen. I'm really kicking myself for not ordering one when I had the money.

That's why I start savin' for next years knife when this years knife gets here, it gives me all that time we spend debatin' over what we want to save my nickles and dimes... :)

Whatever it is, it needs the burnt pumpkin bone. We need some color. Reds, orange, yellow.

Now I know I'm obsessing. I dreamed about this knife last night! It's just as beautiful as I had imagined.:eek: LOL

Looks like GEC updated their "2012 Blade Forums Knife" page as shipping soon... Trick or treat! ;)

Wow, so far not one "Hey, it's the same blade combo as the 2009 knife" complaint! [I kid, I kid].

Honestly, it does seem stouter than what I expected it to be, but then again, alot of us were looking at the Bose design specifically. It's nice that GEC made it their own. Makes it more special. I'm usually one for bright-colored bone, but GEC's green tea stained bone has become one of my personal favorites.

Most importantly, I want to say Thank You! to Charlie Waynorth - who was brought in as a consultant to help assist us on the knife but became the powerhouse of the committee that kept the wheels of this insanity train from falling off the track.

Today the 2012 BF knife is not listed or shown on GEC's website. My guess is that they are in fact being prepped for shipping or have shipped. Won't be long now.

Wow, so far not one "Hey, it's the same blade combo as the 2009 knife" complaint! [I kid, I kid].

Honestly, it does seem stouter than what I expected it to be, but then again, alot of us were looking at the Bose design specifically. It's nice that GEC made it their own. Makes it more special. I'm usually one for bright-colored bone, but GEC's green tea stained bone has become one of my personal favorites.

Most importantly, I want to say Thank You! to Charlie Waynorth - who was brought in as a consultant to help assist us on the knife but became the powerhouse of the committee that kept the wheels of this insanity train from falling off the track.

Why would I complain about a repeat of my favorite forum knife so far? Although I would have liked it better had it been a bit less chunky.

Why would I complain about a repeat of my favorite forum knife so far? Although I would have liked it better had it been a bit less chunky.

Yup, its a great knife and quite functional for most tasks...some slicing is a bit difficult with the blade thickness but other than that I use mine a lot on the farm and at work.

So, first they'll ship to Spark, @ 1SKS, then they'll be repackaged and sent to us? Spark will have to hire extra help, just to repackage the 200+ knives, plus labels and postage. :eek: Will shipment be in order purchased? Or will it be random? I'm fine, either way.

Thanks, again, to all involved. Most fun process I've been involved in so far.:D Makes it so much more "My knife," having been congnizant of each and every step as it occured.

It will take Spark a while to pack and ship about 500 knives. If I were him, I would ship in batches and simply go in the sequence that the paid orders were received. That of course could result in two shipments to folks that later purchased a second or third knife. It depends on how organized a person is about such things. As far as I'm concerned labor is not free. He can pick up shipping supplies all at once (probably mostly the small USPS small boxes) and ship as time allows.

I do hope that Spark mentions when he receives the knives from GEC and his expected packing and delivery approach. Makes little real difference to me whether or not I recieve the knife next week or next month. But I certainly don't want my order to slip through the cracks.

Now Ted, you just stop this nonsense!!:rolleyes:

I know it's in your safe!!:D

I'm thinking it's in Ted's mind, Charlie! ;)

You guys is funny, I'm referin' to the 2009 Forum knife Jack mentioned, It definitely gets lottsa use, I'll have to post a pic so ya can see pocket wear. ;)

Now when it's not in my pocket it does reside in my locked box of favorites, (gotta keep the wife and kids outta that box ;) )

Now as for the 2012 knife I'm already imaginin' it in my pocket, where it'll ride, what will occupy pocket space with it... I'm sure I ain't the only one. :)

My mantra so far has been, "It's almost here, it's almost here..."

These knives are my distraction from all the daily stress, I get to come back here and look to see how much further along this project has gotten, it works well for me. ;)

I just wanna echo what everyone else has said to, great job and thanks to all involved with this years knife, it looks like another homerun.

I am "imagining" the 2012 BF Traditional knife in my pocket too.

I guess you all know now that the Spark has received the knives from GEC.

Back