1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Progress Thread - The Redmeadow Bowies

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Jun 15, 2017.

1. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Those came out just perfect! They look like they should be in a western movie....a Sackett's reboot maybe. Two knife brothers exploring the west after the civil war, when they get in a dispute with a band of murderous forks....hmmm.:D:rolleyes:

Melvin-Purvis and lessismore like this.
  2. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks dennis, good to see you stranger! You've got a good plot going, lets write a book and make the knives in it (Hey that would actually be pretty awesome).

I'm taking care of the finishing details on the Bowies and I have a question. I always write a note to the buyer and put the material details on the back of my business card, I designed it to have room. How should I note that these are the first of their kind? "First Run".... "1 of 2"...."Who gives a crap".....?
    IMG_20171113_113857567_HDR-751x1335.jpg

mitch4ging likes this.
  3. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Way back when, they were "the odd couple".

If you're not going to turn out any more bowies this year, maybe just 2017-1 and 2017-2. Maybe 2017-OC1 & -OC2 (odd couple 1 & 2)

How about "Here's your knife. Don't do anything stupid." :)

protourist and mitch4ging like this.
  4. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod Gold Member

Jan 14, 2001
    I like the personal notes you've used in the past, with the materials listing as a bonus. That said, 'Original, Experimental, Proof of Concept, First Article, Pre-Production, Limited Edition, Custom Special.' has a ring to it, too... o_O

protourist likes this.
  5. Dopic1

Dopic1 Amatuer Grinder Jockey Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    What ^ He said.

6. protourist

protourist Cap'n Skunkbeard Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    The ugly duckling and the beautiful swan?

7. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    Sounds like a redneck, er country n' westurn song - something about big wind, a mean woman, a trailer, a pick'em up truck, and a dawg... :eek:

protourist likes this.
  8. protourist

Aug 19, 2007
    You mean you're gonna write my life story!
    Wow, that would be awesome!

Melvin-Purvis likes this.
  9. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Backside has materials list.
    IMG_20171114_103103-1280x961.jpg

10. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    Perfect! Much better than my suggestion. :cool:

protourist likes this.
  11. protourist

Aug 19, 2007
    John is the Tinker?
    Cool, I shall now refer to him as Cosmo.
    http://louislamour.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tinker

mitch4ging and Rupestris like this.
  12. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    For Chris:D
    Had to get some More Cowbell before they get boxed.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM
    Rupestris, cbwoods67 and mitch4ging like this.
  13. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    Hahahaha! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
  15. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    OH MY :cool: Those are sweet. I particularly am taken by the wrapped version.

How's the balance? Are they good throwers o_O :confused: :)

If you remember way far back to the early days of TV - the opening credits to the Jim Bowie show was a thrown bowie knife sticking into a wood door, with a thud and a shudder. Since then I always think of "real bowies" as being awesome and lethal throwers.

Nicely done :thumbsup:

Ray

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:59 PM
  16. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I am so glad I got a Redmeadow knife before people start catching on.

I have no doubt that you will have people waiting in line for them as long as you are making knives.

mitch4ging and Melvin-Purvis like this.
  17. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Ray:thumbsup:

18. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    BooWees are shipped, on the way to the Post Offices I got drunk, saved Chuck Norris from a burning building, kicked his ass for the hassle, got a call from Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson from beyond to talk about old times, reminisced how I taught Elvis to sing, told Jimi to roll with it left handed, Gary Cooper how to meet girls, John Wayne to swagger, Bruce to swing them nunchuks, and that time I saved the world from a meteor....

I dropped them off after preschool.
    IMG_20171115_171708-1024x731.jpg

19. Melvin-Purvis

Jan 14, 2001
    Musta been some good hooch!

20. protourist

Aug 19, 2007
    You forgot about teaching Fisk how to build BooWees.