Prune Big, or Go Home!

I may have posted these in the past but I expect the photos were wiped out .
CASE
w670f4d.jpg

ATmPTLs.jpg

FgKFtqZ.jpg

Northfield 47
m22woyw.jpg

bmQLxLr.jpg

This photo is the only one with the Northfield's blade open . The other pruner has been previously shown .
PlzQ8du.jpg

Harry

Hey Charlie, I forgot to tell you, I was in Leeds Market a few weeks back, and Ex-Para Steve comes over, and says, "Sal's got a knife she reckons is worth £300." I tell him that I'd be very surprised, since despite her ridiculously high prices, I've never seen a knife worth a tenth of that on her stall. We go to look, and I spot the knife straight away, it's a big old Joseph Rodgers Pruner, with scratted bone covers, just like yours, except the bone is a bit darker, and someone has scratched their name into the reverse side of the blade. So I compliment Sal on the knife, and tell her what I know about it. She tells me, "It's been valued at £500." I again tell her it's a nice knife, and in the twinkle of an eye, between her, and her equally stupid, rude, and avaricious mother, the price has gone up to £1500, and then £3000! :eek: This is in Leeds flea-market! :rolleyes: I ask them who valued it at £3000. "Oh it was a man who used to come down to the market." Good luck! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Hey Charlie, I forgot to tell you, I was in Leeds Market a few weeks back, and Ex-Para Steve comes over, and says, "Sal's got a knife she reckons is worth £300." I tell him that I'd be very surprised, since despite her ridiculously high prices, I've never seen a knife worth a tenth of that on her stall. We go to look, and I spot the knife straight away, it's a big old Joseph Rodgers Pruner, with scratted bone covers, just like yours, except the bone is a bit darker, and someone has scratched their name into the reverse side of the blade. So I compliment Sal on the knife, and tell her what I know about it. She tells me, "It's been valued at £500." I again tell her it's a nice knife, and in the twinkle of an eye, between her, and her equally stupid, rude, and avaricious mother, the price has gone up to £1500, and then £3000! :eek: This is in Leeds flea-market! :rolleyes: I ask them who valued it at £3000. "Oh it was a man who used to come down to the market." Good luck! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
ScrattedHawk1.jpg
ScrattedHawk2.jpgWas this the pattern they were talking about, Jack?? ;)
I'll accept 3000 pounds!!!🤣

Well, it's not big but is a relative to the Pruner so I hope this Budding-Knife counts. A surprise the other day as it turned up through the letter-box all the way from England. Many thanks to W Way-Barney for his kindness in sending me this as a present. A most unusual pattern and very nicely turned out. Thank you Wayne and keep an eye on your letter-box, something is en route ;)

uxCanCi.jpg

Well, it's not big but is a relative to the Pruner so I hope this Budding-Knife counts. A surprise the other day as it turned up through the letter-box all the way from England. Many thanks to W Way-Barney for his kindness in sending me this as a present. A most unusual pattern and very nicely turned out. Thank you Wayne and keep an eye on your letter-box, something is en route ;)

uxCanCi.jpg
No Problem Will I hope that you use and enjoy it!
I only have one pruner at the moment but I love the ethos of a knife that is made to be used as a tool or implement, and if its beautiful enough to add a sparkle to the drudgery of mundane tasks then so much the better. I think the plants will know they are being assisted by a good tool and will grow better, :)
Here is mine, don't know if you have seen it before.
20230820_192351.jpg

No Problem Will I hope that you use and enjoy it!
I only have one pruner at the moment but I love the ethos of a knife that is made to be used as a tool or implement, and if its beautiful enough to add a sparkle to the drudgery of mundane tasks then so much the better. I think the plants will know they are being assisted by a good tool and will grow better, :)
Here is mine, don't know if you have seen it before.
View attachment 2473678
Wayne your " tool" is surely embellished with some beauty. One does not see too many Ablett's around here. 👌

Back