Prune Big, or Go Home!

I missed the latest postings for a while!! Congrats on some nice pruners, everyone!!!

Here is one that lives up to the thread title of "Prune Big"!!! I may have posted it before, but these are new pictures; a Gooseberry Hook!!!!
11 1/2" long it reaches into the bush for those prickly treats!!Gooseberry 1.jpgGooseberry 4.jpgGooseberry 5.jpgGooseberry 6.jpg
Marked: oddly;
TOHS
IBBOTSON
& CO

It has features of a well-made fixed blade; an elegantly tapered shank through the handle area, and a nicely cut circular bevel for the cutting edge!! Great stag handles!!
Hammered pins and no "sheffield" stamping might mean quite old!!Goose berries.jpgGoose thorns 1.jpg
Gooseberries and thorns!!!

THAT!!!! Is just awesome Charlie! I am thinking you are right with thinking it has quite some age to it, Man its good to see this as I suspect there may be very few of these out there!

LOVE that Stag!

THAT!!!! Is just awesome Charlie! I am thinking you are right with thinking it has quite some age to it, Man its good to see this as I suspect there may be very few of these out there!

LOVE that Stag!
Thank you, Duncan!! I thought this old Stag might catch your eye!!! :)
TOHS
IBBOTSON
& CO
If anyone has a comment about this stamping, I'd appreciate some insight!!!

I missed the latest postings for a while!! Congrats on some nice pruners, everyone!!!

Here is one that lives up to the thread title of "Prune Big"!!! I may have posted it before, but these are new pictures; a Gooseberry Hook!!!!
11 1/2" long it reaches into the bush for those prickly treats!!View attachment 2481721View attachment 2481722View attachment 2481723View attachment 2481724
TOHS
IBBOTSON
& CO

It has features of a well-made fixed blade; an elegantly tapered shank through the handle area, and a nicely cut circular bevel for the cutting edge!! Great stag handles!!
Hammered pins and no "sheffield" stamping might mean quite old!!View attachment 2481742View attachment 2481743
That's a nice one! Looks like some decades of farm and field work.

I like the Case ones for their quite thin but stable blade shape. Makes them great Pruners.

KITnCGL.jpg

Thanks for the link, W-B!!! They could have intended to stamp THOS!!!???
For Thomas of course!!??
Fantastic piece Charlie, I wondered that too, particularly as Ibbotson seems to have been a factor, rather than a manufacturer.

11 1/2" long it reaches into the bush for those prickly treats!!View attachment 2481721View attachment 2481722View attachment 2481723View attachment 2481724
TOHS
IBBOTSON
& CO

Hammered pins and no "sheffield" stamping might mean quite old!!View attachment 2481742View attachment 2481743

Awesome,I have never seen anything like that before.

That would work on black berry bushes as well,we have lots of wild bushes down country lanes around here.

Back