1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

PSA: For those of you who missed out on the CPM Rex-45 Para 3...I found some!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by hookahhabib, Aug 19, 2018.

1. hexenjager

hexenjager Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Evidently not, but we apparently shouldn't throw shade at the money makers. :oops:

I'm all in favor of the entrepreneurial spirit. I've heard tell that some websites will sell you a membership with a green banner for the privilege of advertising knives that you purchased solely to sell for a profit on the medium the site owner pays for. Entrepreneurship at its finest... and fairest.

2. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Ha! You made a funny.

3. bladesrckool

bladesrckool

Jan 25, 2017
    There is absolutely nothing entrepreneurial about buying a $140 knife and selling it for $200+.

hexenjager, PStone and WValtakis like this.
  4. PStone

PStone

Mar 3, 2018
    Very often, I buy a knife, then a month later, see a different one that I just can’t live without. So I list one of my others on a big auction site. I always start with a fair price, at or below what I paid. But every once in a while, the bidders take over and my knife goes for a high price with a profit. I don’t think I flipped the knife. I didn’t try to gouge anyone, but the buyers kept upping the price. That’s fair right?
    Well then some other person sees what people paid for mine, and charges an inflated price for theirs right off the bat. With their only intention being profit. That isn’t fair. That isn’t entrepreneurial. It’s taking advantage of people.

Airborne 1, hexenjager and WValtakis like this.
  5. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Yes, because they often do shoddy work and try to cover over issues to make the house pretty and and then pass on the problems to the unsuspecting buyer.

6. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Okay, I'm back and marginally awake. (Still awaiting my first cup of the day.)

I've just now sent off a PM to Spark regarding the matter under discussion, and also invited him to weigh in here as well if he so chooses.

For the time being, my advice is:

Don't feed the ticks.

SpySmasher, craytab, jbmonkey and 7 others like this.
  7. majen

majen

Dec 6, 2008
    This might be the most SNOWFLAKE comment I've heard in awhile...do you need a safe space while your mom um I mean the Mod's take care of the big bully....

8. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Platinum Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Uncalled for and not appropriate outside whine and cheese. Take your foul self to the appropriate place for that kind of discourse.

toxophilus and Airborne 1 like this.
  9. Blues

Oct 2, 1998
    Thanks for the support. I'm sure that I speak for SpyderPhreak as well as myself when I say that we don't bruise that easily.

(Where's my box of Kleenex? I'm getting a little verklempt.)

10. shinyedges

Jun 5, 2012
    I can't stand the flippers. Seems like every GEC I want is immediately snatched up and sold for 2 times the price :mad:

Screw scalpers.

mitch4ging and 91bravo like this.
  11. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Hey bro, I just bought a GEC. I'll sell it to you for 1.5 times the price....:D

12. shinyedges

Jun 5, 2012
    :mad: you take friends and family payment? :D

13. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ha ha, I just sold my one and only GEC! And I lost $10 on the deal, all because it had a peach patina on it!

But sticking to the theme of this thread, I have a para 3 in REX 45 coming to me soon!

mb> and shinyedges like this.
  14. P2P

P2P Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2010

This is literally the definition of entrepreneurial.

Entrepreneurial-characterized by the taking of financial risks in the hope of profit; enterprising.

15. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Maybe in the dictionary but not in spirit. Buying 3 knives and selling 2 so you get 1 free isn't sustainable. The key principle is establishing a profitable lasting business.

Cursum Perficio and bladesrckool like this.
  16. Blues

Oct 2, 1998
    Let's everyone take a breath, a pause from attacking one another and just have a moment to reiterate the rules of the exchange:

Those who abuse the privileges accorded Gold and Platinum memberships may find that actions have consequences. Forewarned is forearmed.

Now, if we can get back to the discussion of the Para 3 and all things Spyderco we will all benefit.

Please use the report button when you see abuses of the rules and we will endeavor to remedy the matter.

WValtakis, SpySmasher and PStone like this.
  17. PStone

PStone

Mar 3, 2018
    Are these still dropping? I don’t know how much longer I can wait for the Military version. Seeing vids posted of it digging into a brass rod and taking very little damage has got me fiending for some.

18. Blues

Oct 2, 1998
    I ordered mine on Monday when @fatsubie was kind enough to mention he had seen some available online.

19. dropback

dropback Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Bought one today as well. Quite happy as those sprint runs are usually hard to get in Germany. But with those Rex45 models i had luck. Also got a PM2 a few days ago :):thumbsup:

20. PStone

PStone

Mar 3, 2018
    I guess I missed that Monday. I will keep looking. Thank you!!

Blues likes this.