Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Anyone else still have any of the white stuff on the ground? It's hanging on here, but Spring is slowly winning the battle!

View attachment 2155041

And don't worry, there was Redmeadow content on the hike today ;)

View attachment 2155042

This is my back yard this morning in southern Wisconsin, probably the last snow we will get for the year. Hopefully pretty soon to start putting in a few garden plants.

IMG_5972.jpeg

Anyone else still have any of the white stuff on the ground? It's hanging on here, but Spring is slowly winning the battle!

View attachment 2155041

And don't worry, there was Redmeadow content on the hike today ;)

View attachment 2155042
Definitely still getting white stuff here. Snowed here on Thursday night/Friday, in fact. Plenty still up in the mountains too, was up at the East entrance to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park yesterday for a wedding, and there is still a couple feet in the shaded spots. However, much open ground where the sun reaches.

We got some snow Thursday but it melted pretty quick. Haven't been to active on here lately. We're actually having decent spring weather finally and it's kept us busy. We've been busy with getting the garden set up, redoing some fence, making a chicken run around the perimeter, germinating seeds, incubating some chicks, spring cleanup. Trying not to let spring get away from me this year.

Like I mentioned in the Cowbell thread this is the first time in over 3 years that I haven't called for Dibs, not a sign of impending doom, just been busy. I hope everyone is doing great and enjoying themselves in whatever they're doing!

We got some snow Thursday but it melted pretty quick. Haven't been to active on here lately. We're actually having decent spring weather finally and it's kept us busy. We've been busy with getting the garden set up, redoing some fence, making a chicken run around the perimeter, germinating seeds, incubating some chicks, spring cleanup. Trying not to let spring get away from me this year.

Like I mentioned in the Cowbell thread this is the first time in over 3 years that I haven't called for Dibs, not a sign of impending doom, just been busy. I hope everyone is doing great and enjoying themselves in whatever they're doing!
Hey John! Get them chores caught up! Maybe some stacked leather coming up?? Or some belts? Or some vegetables from the garden? Either way, glad your doing good and good to hear from you!

Hey John! Get them chores caught up! Maybe some stacked leather coming up?? Or some belts? Or some vegetables from the garden? Either way, glad your doing good and good to hear from you!
Thanks man, stacked leather is definitely coming and belts. Those are the two things I'm chipping away at. Hoping to be fulltime in a little more than a year, looking forward to devoting all of my time to Redmeadow.

I'll be heading to the leather show in Sheridan next month, will be expanding my stamp collection for tooling. It's so much easier to buy those in person, the actual size is always tough to figure out when ordering online.

May is always a big month for us. With mine and the wife's Birthdays and Mothers Day we always take a road trip. We've been working the Sheridan show into that. Last year we stayed in Deadwood and hiked around Devil's Tower, the kids had a lot of fun. This year we're gonna run around Wyoming a little bit and see some sights.

Last year at Devils Tower.
20220520_174212-01.jpeg

Hey Randy, hope all is well up there, snowing here the last couple of days, spring is trying to get sprung but it's a slow go.

Well, shoot. I have an Erickson 8" filet in 0.078" AEB-L @ RC62 with Golden Trout GCarta on order... 😎 Ground to 0.006" at edge before sharpening. Should be wicked cool!!! 👍

Last Wednesday was a beautiful sunny day! Nah! We froze our butts off! Out gathering cattle for our Spring Works:

SPai55H.jpg

The wind was howling and I had long johns (just the top, I can't wear the bottoms under chaps), on, a Pendleton wool shirt over that, a double layer wool vest over that and then a windproof insulated jacket and heavy insulated gloves:

rN6bX1n.jpg

There was three of us riding and Nichole my wife, in the red said not to post this pic of her and Mary K because it makes them look like umpa loompas. Well its cause they got everything on too. They are not umpa loompas for the record and I'm a husband so sometimes I don't listen good:

TJPt8Z6.jpg

See no umpa loompas:

qWLr8x1.jpg

TwvHZL4.jpg

Funny thing? while it looked the same in pics, it really warmed up Thursday:

SGFK3mX.jpg

53qRFlC.jpg

E7bWUeI.jpg

First time in a while we gathered and were a 100 percent so that was cool!

Well, shoot. I have an Erickson 8" filet in 0.078" AEB-L @ RC62 with Golden Trout GCarta on order... 😎 Ground to 0.006" at edge before sharpening. Should be wicked cool!!! 👍

Erickson makes a great knife! I have... a few.
Super cool to work with too, looking forward to seeing your new filet.

I knew of his work mainly from some of your photos. Will definitely share once I have it! 👍
You'll like it I bet. He's a great maker and great guy. He was at my shop a couple weeks ago forging some steel so keep an eye out for some cool things from him.

You'll like it I bet. He's a great maker and great guy. He was at my shop a couple weeks ago forging some steel so keep an eye out for some cool things from him.
I have no doubts I will like it! 😎 Interesting news on the forging... 👍

Back