• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

How To Put an End to the F&F and +% in the exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that I have NEVER sold something not as described and I've never used money I didnt have to buy. I've paid a ton of fees the last few years and paypal hasn't had to deal with any unhappy buyers of mine, so they've got all that money and havent had to exercise any of it on a deal I've done. So now they're earning interest on that money, but yet I'm the thief. Give me a break. You dozen or so guys enjoy your little party. You'll never stop a seller or a company from passing along fees and taxes to the customer. If pp fees aren't allowed to be charged, then all of a sudden you'll see lower prices on the knives but shipping will be an extra $xx. I'm sure you'd all be fine with that though, since it wouldn't appear that your precious paypal wasn't getting their fee.

You admit to defrauding paypal but I'm just supposed to take your word that you haven't misrepresented something? Peoples own actions dictate to me their character. Not what they tell me and want me to believe. No con artist ever says "before we do this deal I have something to confess" Usually they are singing the same song you are. Not sure how you are paying a ton of fees if you skirt the responsibility of paying for them. And if you are actually paying the fees I don't know why you are crying about making it a rule if you are all ready following it. The point is if you will knowingly and willingly defraud the company helping complete these transactions then I see no reason why you would be unable to defraud another member. And no I probably wont be able to stop people stealing and defrauding others. But I can voice my opinion on it. And I don't need to pay a $30 fee to do it either. I honestly don't care if paypal gets the money. And that is the point that keeps flying over your red cap. Its the fact that you are saying "ill rip off paypal, but don't worry I wont rip YOU off and I have feedback to prove it" all in the same breath and it doesn't work that way with me. IMHO there are only 2 reasons to ask for F&F. You are either skirting the fees. Or you don't want buyers to be able to make a claim. Either way IMHO its a BS move that hurts the hobby. Nearly all issues related to deals gone south are from F&F. If the "majority" are con artists then it is what it is.

^Well-known as a moron.

Maybe among thieves.

You admit to defrauding paypal but I'm just supposed to take your word that you haven't misrepresented something? Peoples own actions dictate to me their character. Not what they tell me and want me to believe. No con artist ever says "before we do this deal I have something to confess" Usually they are singing the same song you are. Not sure how you are paying a ton of fees if you skirt the responsibility of paying for them. And if you are actually paying the fees I don't know why you are crying about making it a rule if you are all ready following it. The point is if you will knowingly and willingly defraud the company helping complete these transactions then I see no reason why you would be unable to defraud another member. And no I probably wont be able to stop people stealing and defrauding others. But I can voice my opinion on it. And I don't need to pay a $30 fee to do it either. I honestly don't care if paypal gets the money. And that is the point that keeps flying over your red cap. Its the fact that you are saying "ill rip off paypal, but don't worry I wont rip YOU off and I have feedback to prove it" all in the same breath and it doesn't work that way with me. IMHO there are only 2 reasons to ask for F&F. You are either skirting the fees. Or you don't want buyers to be able to make a claim. Either way IMHO its a BS move that hurts the hobby. Nearly all issues related to deals gone south are from F&F. If the "majority" are con artists then it is what it is.

Maybe among thieves.
Right, because someone's feedback just means nothing, right?
Saying that someone is a thief and a fraud just because they figure out a way not to pay a fee is like saying someone is a thief and a fraud when figure out what to do and where to put their money to avoid taxes. It's all perfectly legal.
Unfortunately it has became apparent that I am fighting someone with no weapons. Have a good day.

^Well-known as a moron.
Right, because someone's feedback just means nothing, right?
Saying that someone is a thief and a fraud just because they figure out a way not to pay a fee is like saying someone is a thief and a fraud when figure out what to do and where to put their money to avoid taxes. It's all perfectly legal.
Unfortunately it has became apparent that I am fighting someone with no weapons. Have a good day.

How many times are you going to take your ball and go home all ready? That only works if you actually do as you say and disappear. And no its not legal. When you make a paypal account you agree to the terms of service and its in the contract that you WONT do exactly what you are saying and pass the fees to the buyer. And tax evasion is a crime. Look it up. Sure there are ways to legally avoid certain taxes but it never includes a contract saying you are going to pay those taxes and then skirting that contract. And as to someones feedback meaning nothing? To me (who is the only person I can speak for instead of pretending I speak for all ) your feedback means nothing. You admitting you are a thief however does.

So many reports in the back end from this thread..
One of the hassles of the new software is that each report gets it's own special thread, when before..the same reported thread would be consolidated into one report.
Makes a mess of the back end..Makes it hard to navigate when one thread clutters it up so badly.

My advise would be to stay on topic.. keep insulting each other out of the topic.

I still believe that those requesting F&F are not so much trying to defraud paypal, but they are more interested in having total control over the deal, with less chance of the knife ever coming back to them. If there is some fraud, F&F can sometimes still be reversed. Those compelled to pay through F&F, should probably fund the paypal purchase, only with a major credit card. If a buyer is not able to arbitrate, because they didn't pay through G&S, they may get paypal to side with them, if the seller's account is showing an unusually high number of F&F transactions, which will translate into a history of abuse, and give more credence to the buyer. Still, the best way is to avoid F&F altogether.

Too much hassle to sort it all out.
Two warnings given.
thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back