Quartermaster knives

Thanks! Wonder how many 'businesses' are run out of that address. COPIOUSITY look like a front company to disguise Quartermasters overseas purchases. And after then went as far as to say even the boxes were 100% US made... these people have no honor.

Along with Jared West, there's also a Lee Price at Quartermaster, unless it's an alias.

http://www.quartermasterknives.com/aboutus.html the picture of the building seems to show it as a stand alone structure or at the very least the entire property is used for the knife company. on a map it shows the address at the end of the street.

doing more digging just through google searches you can also see there is a "Copiousity LLC" in Anaheim and Mantis Knives is located about 10-15 minutes away in Placentia. could be a coincidence but I thought It was something worth noting.

http://www.quartermasterknives.com/aboutus.html the picture of the building seems to show it as a stand alone structure or at the very least the entire property is used for the knife company. on a map it shows the address at the end of the street.

doing more digging just through google searches you can also see there is a "Copiousity LLC" in Anaheim and Mantis Knives is located about 10-15 minutes away in Placentia. could be a coincidence but I thought It was something worth noting.

Jared West and Mantis knives are no more. He lead everyone to believe it was his company and it turns out it was his fathers, Gary West. Last I heard there was a falling out between the two and Gary was thinking of pursuing legal action against Jared (possibly the stolen designs from Mantis used at Quartermaster??). This is going by what I read on the Mantis forum, I'll see if I can find it.

Still wouldn't surprise me though if there's a connection seeing how that's the area in which Jared did business for so long (and presumably lived).

I see that they are doing a limited edition frame lock with a Ti blade that's a collaboration with Warren Thomas.

After getting a Quartermaster Murdock on trade on a whim, I found the design to grow on me. It isn't bad to hold, and actually opens pretty well. What I am wondering is if any of you guys have experience with any Quartermaster knives, because I have seen them called Mantis quite a few times, and after reprofiling the blade took me a few hours on my stone, I know the steel is a legit 154cm (which is not BS, so it can't be Mantis).

I am not looking for "Oh, their knives are ugly as sin!" or "Looks like Mantis to me." I am looking for actual experience with the brand, because I like what I have seen thus far (I like a quirky and weird as hell design) and am looking at expanding my collection on this brand.

more for you.... enjoy ;)

Jared worked for Mantis . Gary was a silent owner running another company of his own . Jared fell out with Gary
Moved to Texas and started qtr before hand

This is the address...............Because nothing says your more American than Texas

qtr_zpsaf185ba2.jpg

And the Video for the same exact house which is just that ..............A house

http://youtu.be/Wtis_yD-Yp0

He took some designs that I don't know if they were his but that's neither here nor there

http://portexaminer.com/trade-data/wayeah-knives-tools-co-ltd-copiousity-llc/amigsa36l64504/

There's a lot of inconsistent information that wasn't matching up with his story that I was hearing

I don't care if he's making knives or what ever but don't piss on my face and tell me it's raining

Also his girlfriends name is LEEann PRICE

Last edited:
Interesting. It sounds like the dad may want to make Mantis a reputable company. I never doubted their designs that use 420HC or AUS-8, but I had a hard time believing 440V or BG-42 on $50 or less knives. I will admit I like some of the Mantis designs, so I would love to see them pumping out an honest and legit product. Their designs are not for everyone, and yes you can call them horrible (they are a little *ahem* sci-fi).

I will be one of the few people that will publicly wish Mantis the best for the future. Just because the company was being controlled by an idget doesn't mean it deserves to die.

Also his girlfriends name is LEEann PRICE

Well there your mystery man.

Anyone know who was at their booth for SHOT? BladeHQ put up a video, but it never looks up at the presenter of the knives (unlike every other video they took at SHOT).

Well there your mystery man.

Anyone know who was at there booth for SHOT? BladeHQ put up a video, but it never looks up at the presenter of the knives (unlike every other video they took at SHOT).

I saw a bunch of SHOT videos that were the same, or they focused almost entirely on the presenter and barely showed the exclusive preview of the knife... Not all from BladeHQ, or course, but it was quite annoying. Don't think it is a conspiracy or anything, many of the videos I saw for SHOT were inconsistent.

I saw a bunch of SHOT videos that were the same, or they focused almost entirely on the presenter and barely showed the exclusive preview of the knife... Not all from BladeHQ, or course, but it was quite annoying. Don't think it is a conspiracy or anything, many of the videos I saw for SHOT were inconsistent.

I'm talking just BladeHQ. They were using multiple camera angles/shots usually at each both to show both the knives and the presenter (would cut back and forth between them). Not saying it a conspiracy, just that maybe whoever was at Quartermasters booth requested not to be shown.

I'm talking just BladeHQ. They were using multiple camera angles/shots usually at each both to show both the knives and the presenter (would cut back and forth between them). Not saying it a conspiracy, just that maybe whoever was at Quartermasters booth requested not to be shown.

Maybe... Maybe it's actually Mick Strider! *que dramatic music*

I will be one of the few people that will publicly wish Mantis the best for the future.

I be lying if I said I didn't a little feel sorry for the dad. To trust your kid with your company only to find out he's screwed you over and severely hurt it reputation in the process, really is unfortunate.

Maybe... Maybe it's actually Mick Strider! *que dramatic music*

You must not fully know the source information or the person presenting it. I believe FlipinBean has firsthand experience working with Jared and is probably the most reliable source for information on the topic other then Jared and whoever is scheming with him at Quartermaster (if there's anyone else).

Hard to ignore the facts presented anyhow, that 'Bill of Landing' is pretty damning.

You must not fully know the source information or the person presenting it. I believe FlipinBean has firsthand experience working with Jared and is probably the most reliable source for information on the topic other then Jared and whoever is scheming with him at Quartermaster (if there's anyone else).

Hard to ignore the facts presented anyhow, that 'Bill of Landing' is pretty damning.

If they hadn't been so insanely adamant on the whole "15000% US made!" part then this would be little issue. I don't mind a knife being made from Chinese parts, so long as the final f&f is here and it being called US made. If you have the machinery to tinker and adjust the f&f and you do so, then you can get the detail that a normal factory produced product doesn't get.

I feel like Quartermaster might be lying about everything being 100% US made from all US materials. Especially since they are getting shipments of knives from China. The quality of the knives is good, though. If they would be clearer on where the knives are made and clarify the shipments they get I would have no issue. A good product is a good product.

If they hadn't been so insanely adamant on the whole "15000% US made!" part then this would be little issue. I don't mind a knife being made from Chinese parts, so long as the final f&f is here and it being called US made. If you have the machinery to tinker and adjust the f&f and you do so, then you can get the detail that a normal factory produced product doesn't get.

I feel like Quartermaster might be lying about everything being 100% US made from all US materials. Especially since they are getting shipments of knives from China. The quality of the knives is good, though. If they would be clearer on where the knives are made and clarify the shipments they get I would have no issue. A good product is a good product.

That's the thing, if you make a quality product, even if it's imported, it's likely to do well given a reasonable price. BUT if you're lying about country of origin in order to potentially sell more blades at a higher price point, well, you're just a real piece of S#!%.

more for you.... enjoy ;)

Indeed. Enjoy. To me, throw all the other soap opera drama out the window...it's still a clone of a hideous Mantis knife. Really...How hard is it to come up with your own, original, hideously ugly desgns? :barf:

I searched the shot show app of exhibitors and it wasn't on there and Jared told me personally he wouldn't be there

I don't believe Jared had a booth and the blade hq vid is Jared I know his voice

Interesting. Guess my suspicion were right then, didn't want his face shown.

Anyone gotten a response from Quartermaster when contacting them with a link the the 'Bill of Lading', etc.?

Back