Queen, S&M, and related brands pic thread

I agree with Jeff, that nick is not only shallow, it's rather far back for the shape of blade, this makes it difficult to get leverage. I have to say it's also a rather odd blade combo for that frame surely? Spey on a Gunstock, had they run out of Pen blades?:D:eek:

If the dealer said it was hand-picked and yet it has gaps and non flush springs, those are not pickings I'd like:rolleyes: You should ask for a refund or credit I feel.

Thanks, Will

I think the shallow nick is a REAL problem, as you can hardly use the knife if you can't open it.
I would send it back for full credit, which they should do.

I agree with Jeff, that nick is not only shallow, it's rather far back for the shape of blade, this makes it difficult to get leverage. I have to say it's also a rather odd blade combo for that frame surely? Spey on a Gunstock, had they run out of Pen blades?:D:eek:

If the dealer said it was hand-picked and yet it has gaps and non flush springs, those are not pickings I'd like:rolleyes: You should ask for a refund or credit I feel.

Thanks, Will

Thanks for the input black mamba black mamba andatory Will Power Will Power

For some reason I dont usually feel comfortable returning a traditional knife like this, but I just took it out of the box again and it's just too awkward to open.

Thanks for the input black mamba black mamba andatory Will Power Will Power

For some reason I dont usually feel comfortable returning a traditional knife like this, but I just took it out of the box again and it's just too awkward to open.
Return it, and get the Railsplitter. You'll be glad you did. Those are one of my favorites. I think you're going to like it , as well. Keep us posted. Good luck! -Lance

Here is one that ticks all the boxes for me. The large #49 pattern, beautiful stag bone covers, near flawless F&F, fabulous W&T (6+ pulls, gator snap, consistent through all three blades), good stainless steel and came quite sharp. 2001 production. Only one very slight negative, the mark side must have been exposed to light for some time, so the pile side is slightly darker.

EXqByAl.jpg

RGrAXZ0.jpg

Great example that one Jeff!

Just put the pile side in the window for a couple of weeks, that should balance it, or a tea-bath:cool:

Just might work, Will.

TheFactor, if you add the series number to 1990, you have the date for that release. Keystone XV is from 2005, just as my keystone XI above is from 2001.
That’s great info Thank you Sir !
If I may add that’s a beauty you have there :thumbsup:

The clouds just gave way for a moment, and I snapped a new pic of my set of Queen/S&M #06 teardrops.

2 Queens in stag bone, 2 S&Ms from the '90s, and 2 newer Queens.

59JhcyT.jpg

Those are nice, Jeff! I'm particularly attracted to those Schatts.

Back