Queen, S&M, and related brands pic thread

20170610.jpg

Great queen realted.

knowtracks knowtracks Whoa Dave! The definitive Schatt collection, some really choice examples on view. I had one of the late Clarence Risner's Premier series, English Jack. Match pull as you show, very nice bone on it and nickel liners. Gave it away to a fellow forumite. Very attractive series I thought.

For the meantime...here's a QCCC Teardrop in Green Bone, it's the user of this series, I have an Ebony and Red Winterbottom who stay safe & sound indoors.

Au9e2Lj.jpg

Thanks, Will

Last edited:

Thanks for finding that, how did I miss that? However, half the pics are missing due to photobucket, so maybe a new thread was in order.

Wow, some amazing knives being shown. I think it's important to see that Queen not only made their own brand, but so many other names and SFO's.

While I had read a thread here and there about S&M and some other Queen-made brands having some QC issues, I'd be curious to know how the quality compares between the house brand and all the others. Almost seems like they put a little more effort into the non-Queen knives.

Glenn, I think you're right about the SFOs. When Queens were well made (10+ years ago) they were VERY well made, and had some fantastic bone, especially their different varieties of stag bone as shown by Dave. They were always underpriced back then. At the same time Queens with D2 were in the 40-50 dollar range, their Winchester and Moore Maker branded knives, with 1095, were at least twice the price.

I can see that My relatively meager resources this year are going to be dedicated to Queen and Queen related brands, instead of a custom knife or two! Jeff and Dave : truly amazing knives and photographs! Jeff, don’t ever share with me where you live, or I might become the man from that movie who comes for dinner and never leaves.:D I’ve only a couple, and need to take some new photos of them later today. Those HJs! The ATS-34 Mountain Man! The curly Zebrawood collection! All the Northwoods, especially the Canoes, single spring glories! Thanks everyone for photos.
Thanks, Neal

In 1991 Queen started the Annual Reproduction Series, or Keystone Series as it is often called. This series was limited to 600 pieces each year with the exception of the very first year where Queen made more than 600 pieces. The series ran for 20 years, ending in 2010. I have most of these sets of knives but once again I need to photograph them!:rolleyes: This series is what attracted me to Queen and the Schatt and Morgan line to begin with! The variety of older patterns that you just didn't see being produced anymore. Man! what a slippery slope!!!o_O:confused:
Here is the 7th release from 1997, a very dark blue bone, which didn't really appeal to me but the patterns sure did!:D This set contains 6 knives, 5 jigged bone and a pearl Dr.'s knife.
IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0598.JPG
IMG_0600.JPG

Dave

This is the 17th set of knives from 2007, 5 knives with Beautiful Red jigged bone, plus a black lipped pearl.
Queen, or whoever did the dye job on these covers sure got it right!! :cool::cool: The red really POPS in hand, much better than the pics show! :)
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG

Dave

Last edited:
Back