Queen, S&M, and related brands pic thread

Picture of the Swayback I showed earlier with its blades open. Wormgroove, pinned shield, long pull, Ratail bolster, still got ferocious snap&no blade play. The Master's nail nick is a bit tricky to access due to wear & same side nick placement. About 3.25" and I'd say from the 20/30s possibly earlier but I don't know enough about tang-stamps. It's Schatt & Morgan Gowanda, same pattern stamp as the much later Heritage series had. I need to find old Schatt catalogues.

YRYbaE2.jpg

Picture of the Swayback I showed earlier with its blades open. Wormgroove, pinned shield, long pull, Ratail bolster, still got ferocious snap&no blade play. The Master's nail nick is a bit tricky to access due to wear & same side nick placement. About 3.25" and I'd say from the 20/30s possibly earlier but I don't know enough about tang-stamps. It's Schatt & Morgan Gowanda, same pattern stamp as the much later Heritage series had. I need to find old Schatt catalogues.

YRYbaE2.jpg

Looks like it's in great shape, and coming up on ~100 years old! Still tons of life left in those blades!

Edit: Over 100!

Last edited:

YRYbaE2.jpg
SWEET Old knife Will!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: As Charlie said, 1890 to 1893 S&M was in New York! That Beauty needs to go in the "Old Knives" thread!!!
David Clark tracked down a relative of either C.B. Morgan or J. Schatt, I can't remember which, and acquired a 1903 and 1907 catalog and reproduced them....I will look and see if your knife is included......don't see why it wouldn't be!:D

Dave

BTW- the 2 old catalogs is where the 2 sets of "Heritage Knives" came from. some of which have been posted in this thread!:cool::D

SWEET Old knife Will!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: As Charlie said, 1890 to 1893 S&M was in New York! That Beauty needs to go in the "Old Knives" thread!!!
David Clark tracked down a relative of either C.B. Morgan or J. Schatt, I can't remember which, and acquired a 1903 and 1907 catalog and reproduced them....I will look and see if your knife is included......don't see why it wouldn't be!:D

Dave

BTW- the 2 old catalogs is where the 2 sets of "Heritage Knives" came from. some of which have been posted in this thread!:cool::D

I'm with Dave, that needs to go in the "Old Knives" thread with lots more pictures!!!

mrknife,

I contacted the Queen factory to try and get some information about it since I purchased it on the secondary market. According to Queen it seems to have been one of either an SFO or one of many short runs. I suspect that they had some leftover parts and assembled some knifes to get them out of the door.

I have been very happy with it and I am sorry to see Queen ceased production.

Back