Rajkumaar's Fighting Sword and Amar Singh Thapa Knife for 8/19

Thanks guys. I really like you guys in this forum.
In a normal "family" wife, kids or parents would stop me from buying too many knives. Here however it's just the opposite. It was hard to resist buying a villager Kukri today and then it doesn't help when you guys talk about the nice handle colors and shapes. :p One of them is still left. My heart says get it my wallet says don't.
The contrast of the raw dark blade to the polished edge is very striking and it's definitely on my list. I think I get one one of the next times.

Jens,
Welcome to our little neck of the woods, and welcome to the addiction (Virus) whatever you like to call it. It's gonna be a long road to recovery but we will help you through it. You wallet is going to hate you but what the heck right. Anyway welcome.

lol jens, I pretty much went through alllll my extra cash when I got here, my avatar is mostly stuff I just bought! its a good place and fun to be on, we like the knives and the people.

mwahahahaah this one is mine in time, im sure nobody will come up with the cash but me , though I lay no claims until cash is in hand, i wonder how much it would be legally to get license to carry a large curved sword in town?

I keep playing scratchers in hopes of scoring the 400 I need. We need to raffle it. Something about this sword makes me want to gamble.

OH Man!!!!! Bad day for us Gehazi! :grumpy: Maybe Aunti will cheer us up with something special soon?

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Deep breathing gehazi, you can't have them all my friend. You can still settle for most but never all.

scwareuroi deserves one now and again too, and while I'm sad for you, I'm happy for him but saddest for me. Should have been mine.

I gotta get me a paper route.

lol , he who has cash first has blade ! your time in the sun of khukuris will come again bawanna! when we all have our mohawk hats

I suggested to my wife that we move to Reno and become Auntie's neighbors so I could work for blades. Mow her lawn and such. Wife mean like she is reminded me there weren't much lawn. Couldn't think of any other chores I could do to help. Maybe oil handles and wax blades.

I'm still thinking. Maybe I could be a shipping clerk, but I don't think I could do near as good as Auntie herself. Guess I better work on that paper route.

Is it normal that the Amar Singh blade isn't as mirror polished as the 2 Ang Kholas which I have?
Is that a difference in the two models or due to the individual Kamis?
The shiny Ang Kholas were made by beer mug and bow and arrow and the Amar Singh by rising sun.
Thanks again.

This is a Rajkumaar blade so it should be mountains, not rising sun.

I don't know that there's any correct or incorrect all polished or not all polished. Up to them I reckon.

I've seen beautiful highly polished blades from the Prince (Rajkumaar) and others not.
Beer Mug is Tirtha if I remember right, and bow and arrow is Bahkta. I'm sure I have the spelling all mixed up.

The sword is from Rajkumar. The Amar Singh is from Lachhu.
I'm sure there's no right or wrong at least none which I would be able to identify :)
I'm just trying to learn and some of it by finding patterns.
If all Amar Singhs or all Lachhu blades for example aren't as polished I might avoid them in the future since that seems to attract rust/patina (still greased and fresh out of the box, so no user error like acidic finger prints etc). Also the edge seemed to have been sharpened a bit too hot at the top as the steel turned a bit dark blue there. The edge around the sweet spot has many tiny nicks which tear fibers out of cotton cloth when I wipe the blade. Some might call it micro serration ;)
My shiny Ang Kholas have no rust at all. And the edge is perfectly even. All of them are from HI and I m just trying to find patterns to make smarter purchases in the future.

Every ASTK I've seen has the "Villager" finish and was made by Lacchu, trident kami mark.

Back