Random Thought Thread

What is it you are referring to Tom?

Nothing really. I don't want to start a cross forum thing. There's not a problem and the individual in question really did not cross any lines or act improperly. We're all cool. :thumbsup:

Carothers fun facts:

If you Google Carothers, Carothers Knives show as the 5th most popular search on that search engine :D :thumbsup:

The first on the list is Carothers DiSante which apparently is an attorney group HQ'ed here in my home county of San Diego! :eek:

The next ones are related to Wallace Hume Carothers who was a famous chemist at Dupont credited with the making of NyLon :cool: There's apparently also a Carothers equation attributed to this guy!

But what is this Carothers Funeral Home about, which comes in at # 7?! :confused: o_O :poop:

As a wee lad, I was fascinated with butchering! The old timer butcher who I used to watch breaking through tough SOB live-stock bones (obviously when they were already slaughtered ;) ) used this heavy type of chopping tool called a cleaver :D Not trying to be clever, but the phrase the right tool to do the job right is so apropos. I understand that carrying a cleaver on person while on a hunting trip is not too practical, but if you must crush through bones halving and quartering, you use a cleaver! Bring on the CPK-Cleaver for those aspiring butchers among us :)

As a wee lad, I was fascinated with butchering! The old timer butcher who I used to watch breaking through tough SOB live-stock bones (obviously when they were already slaughtered ;) ) used this heavy type of chopping tool called a cleaver :D Not trying to be clever, but the phrase the right tool to do the job right is so apropos. I understand that carrying a cleaver on person while on a hunting trip is not too practical, but if you must crush through bones halving and quartering, you use a cleaver! Bring on the CPK-Cleaver for those aspiring butchers among us :)

Hey Mat, did you watch American Horror Story Roanoke? Kathy Bates was bad ass as the butcher. She wielded a mean cleaver! :eek::D

Mat, Gus...

Here's a mean set that is very,very cleaver-oriented, by Don Hanson III's Steam Mill Holllow, in Missouri Black Walnut:

orig.jpg

I always seem to be cycling through hobbies. Back to lifting and I want a new bench and rack. Been looking at the IronMind Vulcan Racks and the Watson Pakulski and/or Animal (I have a number of IronMind and Watson tools and can vouch for their quality). Anyone here use any of the above?

I always seem to be cycling through hobbies. Back to lifting and I want a new bench and rack. Been looking at the IronMind Vulcan Racks and the Watson Pakulski and/or Animal (I have a number of IronMind and Watson tools and can vouch for their quality). Anyone here use any of the above?

I pretty much gave up on all that heavy lifting stuff around the time I turned 50 about 5 years ago. I realized that however longer I may live as I go forward, I wish to retain my nature made joints and hips without any metal and cement augmentation, if I can help it. These days it is strictly long walks with the Pup, rubber bands and not-so-heavy kettlebells for me. You still have a good 10+ years ahead of you to get back into lifting and cycling your hobbies. Just make sure that you have a good spotter if lifting too heavy ;)

I still have a Captains of Crush gripper from Ironmind. My elementary school PE teacher was the first guy to close the #4. There's a random nugget.

I was into heavy lifting once upon a time, back before I got impatient and torched my lower back with 1 bad rep squatting.

So 3 bulging discs ago I considered those Vulcan racks. They seem like a good choice if you're limited on space. A power rack is optimal imho. A lot safer and more versatile.

I have to stick to biking for the legs/lungs now. I use Olympic Rings for weighted pull-ups and dips. They are Fantastic for your chest. Cheap and portable too (more $ for knives ;)).

Back