Random Thought Thread

My view on this is quite controversial

It's really sad. It's really unfortunate. But I choose to put my head in the sand because

A: nothing is going to be done about it
B: nothing really can be done about it
C: there were probably about a hundred traffic fatalities yesterday also. (These tragedies are tragic, but the world is a tragic place. And sad things happen. But we get fixated on the outrageous stuff, when in reality there's lots of dangerous things out there of all kinds and this is but one of them).

People should be outraged by the much larger number of people that die every day due to medical mistakes. For what medicine costs, some of these mistakes are pretty dumb.
the MEDIA fixates on the outrageous stuff that they choose to fixate on

My view on this is quite controversial

It's really sad. It's really unfortunate. But I choose to put my head in the sand because

A: nothing is going to be done about it
B: nothing really can be done about it
C: there were probably about a hundred traffic fatalities yesterday also. (These tragedies are tragic, but the world is a tragic place. And sad things happen. But we get fixated on the outrageous stuff, when in reality there's lots of dangerous things out there of all kinds and this is but one of them).

People should be outraged by the much larger number of people that die every day due to medical mistakes. For what medicine costs, some of these mistakes are pretty dumb.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to be outraged over horrifying tragedies and outraged over omnipresent issues that cause more damage over time, but more silently. We're in an odd time period where we are constantly bombarded by outrageous events and we're all just exhausted from being outraged (at least I am). And pundits cherry pick what to sensationalize to boost viewership and affect policy.

Unfortunately this kind of carnage cannot be solved by any one quick policy change. Our country is sick and these are just symptoms.

Random question:

We've got some fantastic leather workers here, but does anyone know of a reasonable sword scabbard maker they can recommend?

The links Albion sent me for scabbard makers (they don't include scabbards with their swords), the scabbards were even more expensive than the sword (the sword was ~$1k IIRC. One of the links stated that their sword scabbards start at $2,200 😳).

Random question:

We've got some fantastic leather workers here, but does anyone know of a reasonable sword scabbard maker they can recommend?

The links Albion sent me for scabbard makers (they don't include scabbards with their swords), the scabbards were even more expensive than the sword (the sword was ~$1k IIRC. One of the links stated that their sword scabbards start at $2,200 😳).
IMG_0900.jpeg
This was for my Crecy from Albion… in 2013.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to be outraged over horrifying tragedies and outraged over omnipresent issues that cause more damage over time, but more silently. We're in an odd time period where we are constantly bombarded by outrageous events and we're all just exhausted from being outraged (at least I am). And pundits cherry pick what to sensationalize to boost viewership and affect policy.

Unfortunately this kind of carnage cannot be solved by any one quick policy change. Our country is sick and these are just symptoms.

I am also suffering from "crisis" fatigue. I swear, as I've gotten older, it seems like a lot of it is manufactured bullshit. The ever omnipresent government shutdowns for example. They're always doing this. I no longer even care. I won't even read the articles anymore.

Random question:

You might consider Claude Scott. I don't see a lot of his work around, but he often does the sheaths for Bruce Bump. He did this one for me at a great price.
Screen-Shot-2019-05-25-at-8.42.38-PM.jpg

Back