Random Thought Thread

I hate having my time wasted by people to an extent that it is probably legitimately a mental illness at this point. I'm busy and when people, who have never really been busy in their lives, waste my time I just have a real problem being civil. When I was younger I once impulsively kicked somebody in the back of the head who was walking down the stairs too slowly. It was a gaggle of cows slowly oozing down the stairs and I had somewhere to be. That didn't go over real well.

Pretty sure that helped cement my reputation in high school of being an insufferable entitled asshole.

*sigh*

Your gentle looks and mild mannerism on film don't speak to that sorta inner disposition.

#armchairpsychiatrist

P.S.

working-penguin-walking-fast-a782mvwv4myqntab.gif

Your gentle looks and mild mannerism on film don't speak to that sorta inner disposition.

#armchairpsychiatrist

It was about this time frame when my parents took me to have my head examined to determine what kind of empathy disorder I was exhibiting.

I'm feeling much better now. :thumbsup:

I am, unfortunately, incredibly impatient with unconscientious and stupid people. I tend to speak my mind when maybe I shouldn't, and I am pretty unpleasant to dumb people. Probably going to get me shot one day.

I hate having my time wasted by people to an extent that it is probably legitimately a mental illness at this point. I'm busy and when people, who have never really been busy in their lives, waste my time I just have a real problem being civil. When I was younger I once impulsively kicked somebody in the back of the head who was walking down the stairs too slowly. It was a gaggle of cows slowly oozing down the stairs and I had somewhere to be. That didn't go over real well.

Pretty sure that helped cement my reputation in high school of being an insufferable entitled asshole.

*sigh*
It's all my fault

I am, unfortunately, incredibly impatient with unconscientious and stupid people. I tend to speak my mind when maybe I shouldn't, and I am pretty unpleasant to dumb people. Probably going to get me shot one day.

*sigh*

I've got the same issue. My time is mine. I feel like when people are being stupid or lazy and getting in my way, they're stealing my time. It's disrespectful. Pisses me off.

Stupid and lazy is sometimes due to a lack of awareness or because they think they can get away with it, so they don't understand why I end up being rude or confrontational. There weren't consequences from anyone else they've done this to, so they're confused why there are with me.

There's a show called Mr. Inbetween. There's a scene where the main character, Ray, is talking with a petty snowflake anger management counselor about an assault he committed. Ray says the reason he did it was "they were being assholes" to which the counselor says, "the world is full of assholes". Ray replies saying, "Yeah. You know why? Because people let them get away with it."

I'm not advocating assault. I am advocating accountability and consequences.

I don't think that Nathan was referring to any of us. He already knows that his sub is populated by the super MENSA types :)
MENSA is a joke. They sent me a letter years ago after I graduated from university offering me membership.

Groucho Marx' comment... “I Don't Want to Belong to Any Club That Will Accept Me as a Member” came quickly to mind.

*sigh*

I read this to my wife and she laughingly said, "Oh my gosh! Are you two the same person?" 😆

Back