Random Thought Thread

Zion, north rim of the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods, Natural Bridges, Capitol Reef, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Kodachrome Valley SP, and Bryce. Probably trying to see too much, but I’m trying to see as much as I can.

View attachment 2579613
If you're going to cut something out, cut kodachrome. It's like a smaller less impressive Bryce canyon.

In capital reef, make sure you go see glass mountain and the bentonite hills.

Zion, north rim of the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods, Natural Bridges, Capitol Reef, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Kodachrome Valley SP, and Bryce. Probably trying to see too much, but I’m trying to see as much as I can.

View attachment 2579613
Day 2 included Kolob Canyon and Red Cliffs National Conservation Area. Kolob Canyon was spectacular.

Screenshot_20240526-182637_Original.png

Last edited:
I bet if you do you'll get a nice camping trip out of the deal.... Sleeping in the yard for a week 😉
It almost happened. We had my brother and sister over for dinner and she kept joking that it wasn't anyone's fault that we forgot the case. I screamed out that it was her fault for insisting the I put it on the bottom of the cart.*

*Event only took place in my head.

Went to the local grocery store today and bought a bunch of things. I asked my wife to move some of the things in the cart so I could put the case of Rao's Marinara ($38) in the cart. She told me to put it on the bottom of the cart. When we went to scan the groceries, she told the lady that there was a case at the bottom of the cart. I loaded all of the groceries when we got back to the car and sure enough, I forgot to load the case of sauce. She put the cart back when it belongs and didn't notice it either.

I'm annoyed because I never put stuff on the bottom of the cart because I know I'll forget it, just like I did. I knew I shouldn't have listened to her, but I was too much of a coward to say it was her fault. :oops: :D
The RAO’s is the best store bought sauce I’ve had! It even seems to cause less heartburn for me. It’ll go on sale at Costco on occasion for around $9 for 2 jars, and the jars are larger than the regular grocery store version. We stock up when that happens. I’m too cheap to pay $8 a jar at Kroger but I’ll fill a cart full at $4.50 a piece at Costco.
Savings on gas easily cover the membership fee, but I’m in it for the sauce, and the cake, oh, and the muffins, almost forgot about the free samples, and the nasty ass $1 hot dogs that make me ill but I still eat anyway- because they’re a buck.

And, cases of Bundaburg ginger ale. Can’t forget the ginger ale.

Did I mention that the baked goods are often a 2fer deal 😁👍

It makes sense now why my 6’3 frame carries 230 pounds more like a fat elderly Sasquatch than an all star running back.

The RAO’s is the best store bought sauce I’ve had! It even seems to cause less heartburn for me. It’ll go on sale at Costco on occasion for around $9 for 2 jars, and the jars are larger than the regular grocery store version. We stock up when that happens. I’m too cheap to pay $8 a jar at Kroger but I’ll fill a cart full at $4.50 a piece at Costco.
My wife and I weren't all that impressed with the RAO's sauce. (Nor another expensive sauce using "Arthur Avenue" in the Bronx in its name.)
I thought one or two of their microwave dishes were decent when we were without a stove for a few weeks.

Oddly enough, I prefer the meat sauce from Ragu', (which my wife seasons on her own), to any of the expensive boutique sauces in the supermarket.

Arthur Avenue is famous for being an Italian neighborhood in the Bronx where there are a lot of shops selling sauce, meats, breads, cheeses, pasta etc.
My mother grew up a few blocks from there in the 41st Precinct and my Sicilian grandfather would take her to those shops as a child during the Depression, before it became all trendy...when it was full of neighborhood stores and shops instead of boutiques.

(None of which is to say that your impression of the sauce isn't correct. It's all personal when it comes to taste.)

Back