Random Thought Thread

Got the new Mori into production today. Its first task is trimming out the Medium Choppers, going to get a bunch of those out to heat treat this week. Once we get that operation caught up I have a special project for it.
Can't wait to get those MC's and HDMC's in my hands;) I wonder if that special project might be based (Influenced by) NinJo's appearance on a TV Show;):cool::eek:

Nightshift project...tiny ass parts:mad:;)

20190402_005754.jpg

20190402_023923.jpg

20190402_034615.jpg

20190402_051435.jpg

~Chip

The is uber-cool. If you touch it, do you melt a little like in the movie?

In theory probably about three feet total length with a blade grind width of perhaps 3". But using the fixturing and setup techniques we use the 18" total length, 12" blade length of the Behemoth is pushing the limits and the nearly 2" grind height on the comp choppers was challenging. The KOD piece will require a different manufacturing approach than we normally use.

^^^^Good to hear this project is still moving forward:thumbsup: This will be where all My future CPK funding will GO! Need a His and Hers set please;)

In theory probably about three feet total length with a blade grind width of perhaps 3". But using the fixturing and setup techniques we use the 18" total length, 12" blade length of the Behemoth is pushing the limits and the nearly 2" grind height on the comp choppers was challenging. The KOD piece will require a different manufacturing approach than we normally use.

^^^^Good to hear this project is still moving forward:thumbsup: This will be where all My future CPK funding will GO! Need a His and Hers set please;)

I'll be picking up a his/hers set for Jeannie and I for sure! Just for nostalgia's sake...

the KorD piece is going to be a Keffeler/CPK joint. Dan is a fantastic designer, and I don't really have a meaningful enough contribution to make to this project to claim a piece of it. That being said, I've worked on it enough to know that it is going to kick considerable ass. Save your pennies!

the KorD piece is going to be a Keffeler/CPK joint. Dan is a fantastic designer, and I don't really have a meaningful enough contribution to make to this project to claim a piece of it. That being said, I've worked on it enough to know that it is going to kick considerable ass. Save your pennies!

Add about 4" to the BC, stretch the handle a bit and you've got a formidable KoD weapon!

New Savings account opened:thumbsup: 18 inches of D3V with Valuable input from the "Doc" works for me:cool:

Back