Random Thought Thread

Oh no, you Washington's, Jefferson's, Hamilton's and John Adam's proteges. Don't fooque up this friendly sub with your politics and political memes. Come on over to the political subform where some of us can become mortal enemies by puffing our pectorals :D

P.S. for instance UffDa and I are diametrically opposite as it seems in our political views, but I like some of his stories as long as they don't fall under the dreaded TL; DR category :D :D

lRx2pOx.png

:D

Handing anyone a package to deliver is always a gamble. Humans are involved. I have shipped 1000s of things by USPS, FedEx and UPS. I have lost only one by USPS.

We're sorry, but you mail seems to have gone astray. (Or is it ash tray?)

9585742_G.jpg

^ see, that's why you're not supposed to ship cheap flashlight batteries in the mail...

eta... I've never burned down a mail truck, but I've probably poked or wrenched the back of a mail carrier at some point or another...

I got a gallon of ferric chloride in the mail the other day that was leaking when I got it (the acid had dissolved the foil lining of the lid seal). I have to think quite a few items in that truck weren't completely right after that...

All caught up on chew toy surgery...he LOVES his raccoons. Kevlar thread for the win :)
Screenshot_20170821-190142.png

~Chip

The USPS site is always messing up. Aggravates the mess out of me. I heard UPS took today off...?

USPS.com was not working properly all day today. Printing labels from eBay / PayPal was not a problem. I heard on the radio that U.S. businesses collectively lost about 700 million$ in revenue today because of the Solar Eclipse. How do they calculate these thing? There must be quite an uninteresting matrix of productivity and revenue for this kind of tabulation.

the ole lady is into the My Little Ponys. I'm a Care Bear guy

Clouds went away, the light got all shimmering and then THE EYE OF GOD.

We drove down to the center of the path in SC. Got a couple minutes of totality. It's a lot of bother but I'm 42 and I've never seen one before.

You and Jo are lucky, IMHO. Where I live, it's mostly deep marine layer. But the a spot cleared and I was able, through my trusty Forney glass - rated for the sun - to see our,66% maximum. I don't take nature for granted, I love all She has to offer.

And Jo, a very cool look in those googles!

You and Jo are lucky, IMHO. Where I live, it's mostly deep marine layer. But the a spot cleared and I was able, through my trusty Forney glass - rated for the sun - to see our,66% maximum. I don't take nature for granted, I love all She has to offer.

And Jo, a very cool look in those googles!

Google, Goggles, who cares? Jo rocked them goggles but I must now see Nathan's eye contraption and viewing apparatus :)

Was I supposed to wear anti Sun glare glasses before I looked at Dave's photo of the Solar eclipse? My retinas now feel kinda weird!

Was I supposed to wear anti Sun glare glasses before I looked at Dave's photo of the Solar eclipse? My retinas now feel kinda weird!

You couldn't see anything through eclipse glasses at that point, but it still blew it out around the edges on the cell.

Back