Random Thought Thread

^ I won' buy you sh*t... Now go to your naughty corner till I say that the timeout is over (where's the whistling emoji?)

^ just letting you know that if you get potty mouthed again and your esteemed Mom doesn't spank you for your misbehavior, Uncle Matty will come on over and do the honors. I'm also a dog whisperer and will turn Kobe against you!

^And since I own that island, I already stamped his password with my "eternal stay" entry stamp.

^Wrong. It is the state that sets the legal drinking age and it differs from state to state. Some states have different age limits for beer/wine vs hard liquor. Some states ban outright.

HOWEVER, a federal law exists which penalizes the amount of highway funds a state receives if it does not set the age at 21. So the feds are able to exercise "some" control, but many states just ignore it, choosing to retain "full states' rights". But if the age is set at less than 21, a big chunk of highway funds is lost.

Last edited:
Well dang, a guy steps out to see...

pcFhtkE.jpg

....and misses how many pages of man's best friend?!! Here's my good friend Hickory. She wasn't too impressed by the eclipse, she just wanted to go huntin'

GFClIpm.jpg

Good looking hound dog. :D :thumbsup:

Ah, always around are the ill-informed chartmakers. The US is first governed by the Constitutional law, which allows the federal government to make or change law as and to the degree the Constitution permits. The US Constitution allows the federal government full authority to regulate all interstate commerce. However, it does not allow the federal government to regulate intrastate commerce, but it finds it's ways, wihin the confines of Constitutional language, to interpret such things as human rights, for instance. So in lots of situations, the Supreme Court will rule the interstate commerce clause to be applicable where the states argue it is not. Abortion is an example of a state right (I disagree) turned into a human right and therefore subject to the interstate commerce clause, allowing the US Congress to pass laws regulating it. Then the state comes in and, in reverse fashion, passes state law that eliminates funding for any abortions. But this is only an example of how the state can attempt to reverse the effect. Sorry, bad example, as most really problematic decisions end up decided by the Supreme Court.

This legal minimum drinking age thing is a perfect example of how the US Congress can, legally, manipulate the states. So I repeat, there is no federal law in America that sets a legal minimum drinking age. That is a state right.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Had a crap day. More to do in a day than there is day available. Also appeasing some pissed off customers for something entirely out of my control kinda put me in a foul mood... So I took my dog for a run. This is his simple enjoyment of being outside with a little room to stretch it out and the throttle set on "Full Military Power". It takes the edge off, apparently, because he's a couch potato the rest of the night. It also makes me laugh like hell, which also takes the edge off. Everyone's mood has been suitably adjusted.

Crazy English Setter.jpg

Hey guys,
Had a crap day. More to do in a day than there is day available. Also appeasing some pissed off customers for something entirely out of my control kinda put me in a foul mood... So I took my dog for a run. This is his simple enjoyment of being outside with a little room to stretch it out and the throttle set on "Full Military Power". It takes the edge off, apparently, because he's a couch potato the rest of the night. It also makes me laugh like hell, which also takes the edge off. Everyone's mood has been suitably adjusted.

View attachment 754151
LOVE it!

I feel that Tony! Glad to hear you were able to find a solid cheer up!

I was supposed to have my first day off in 11 days, got called in for night shift.

Drove to out dispatch hall to figure out where I'm going for work, super busy so no parking. I come out after dispatch, and my truck is towed. Along with about 20 others. Parking within 6m of a stop sign. Tow truck fleet of at minimum 12 tow trucks ran out of tow trucks with more than 20 people still double parked on the street. So they pulled them a few blocks away and came back for a second one. 1 hour before my shift starts and I have to find my truck. $60 for parking ticket and $120 for the tow.

Total extortion racket. Bylaw officer writes the ticket and tow truck scoops vehicle in less than 30 seconds. Meanwhile on the radio there are illegally parked cars out on the main road blocking the HOV lane. But instead they come get us on a side street because they know we have to be inside. They know there isn't enough parking, wait for us to go inside then come rushing in and start towing like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

Disgusting really. Shouldn't be 20 Veterans a day killing themselves.

^^^Can you contest it? Get the news involved? That sounds exactly like you describe it. That's a total racket!! Entrapment or something....

Back