Random Thought Thread

Yeah, with beers that would be a bit much! Especially if it's just for lunch.

You still have your Wilson Combat CRK 25? Haven't seen it in a while...

Speaking of Wilson Combat 25, that was the one I liked to have gone for before I settled for my Star-Tac Zaan. I just love that star burst pattern on those Ti handles more than I happen to like the CRK steels. In fact, I recently let go of my CF/Ti for a good chunk of loss as it wasn't really doing it for me. The reason I settled for a Startac instead of a Starbenza 25, was because I had a Large plain 25 in the past and the finger grooves were not a great fit. I think that aside from keeping my Startac Zaan, my fascination with other CRK patterns is pretty much over.

Heidi Klum :poop: just told a contestant on AGT, "No more knives next time." First off, it wasn't a knife, it was a prop with a rubber blade.

Second, it's perfectly OK for humans to be shot out of cannons over running helicopters, but something shaped like a knife?! Neva!!!

I guess the guy shoulda rolled out on stage with 15 ARs blazin to the side, that'd be OK, and even encouraged by half the country....

but a knife?!?! You PSYCHO!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I haven't been carrying my CRKs much either. They do mean the world to me though since they are gifts from my wife!

I'm eventually gonna get around to selling it. It needs a spa and a new pocket clip but it's still a great knife. I just prefer my L21 or EDC.

I've had a bunch of small and large CRK's in the past, and have kept a large Regular and two large Classics. But lately, I have been carrying a Wilson Combat large Sebenza, with that starburst pattern, and enjoy it for the increased sticky grip...

Speaking of Wilson Combat 25, that was the one I liked to have gone for before I settled for my Star-Tac Zaan. I just love that star burst pattern on those Ti handles more than I happen to like the CRK steels. In fact, I recently let go of my CF/Ti for a good chunk of loss as it wasn't really doing it for me. The reason I settled for a Startac instead of a Starbenza 25, was because I had a Large plain 25 in the past and the finger grooves were not a great fit. I think that aside from keeping my Startac Zaan, my fascination with other CRK patterns is pretty much over.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence from you on the 25! I love the finger cutouts, they mate up with mine really well! Comfy, classy, and oh so slippery buttery smooth, it's just so satisfying to open and close!

I'm on the opposite side of the fence from you on the 25! I love the finger cutouts, they mate up with mine really well! Comfy, classy, and oh so slippery buttery smooth, it's just so satisfying to open and close!

That's the thing with the 25 and it's replacement the Inkosi: they either fit well or they don't.

I've had a bunch of small and large CRK's in the past, and have kept a large Regular and two large Classics. But lately, I have been carrying a Wilson Combat large Sebenza, with that starburst pattern, and enjoy it for the increased sticky grip...

You are probably the only one in this sub who has had more CRK than me!

I'm down to one Large PJ Sebenza 21 with old Raindrop and wife has a Pre-Idaho Nyala. All Shiros now.

Just scored a Large Inkosi Insingo w/ Black Micarta inlays. Was very surprised to see one on the exchange - they seldom pop-up!

I love my plain 25, so I've been wanting a Large "Inkosingo" since they were announced. Pretty stoked about it. :)

Just scored a Large Inkosi Insingo w/ Black Micarta inlays. Was very surprised to see one on the exchange - they seldom pop-up!

I love my plain 25, so I've been wanting a Large "Inkosingo" since they were announced. Pretty stoked about it. :)

I saw that Insingo Inkosi with micarta inlays on the Exchange earlier on and thought that it was a sweet looking CRK. Congrats on scoring what you've been seeking for seemingly a while and put it to your use and enjoyment :thumbsup:

I hope you enjoy it!!

My tomfoolery with folders is over and done with for now. Just sticking to the ones which I bought brand new from the dealers / suppliers and I let go of everything else I had bought from third parties even if some were NIB.

With all these new and exciting Carothers patterns joining the existing herd, I reckon that I'm all well covered for now. A slightly longer and thicker EDC-2 (compensated by higher saber grind, thinner handles and tad more forward balance) plus a slightly shorter and skinner Field Knife 2.0 in addition to a Tweener chopper ( LC < MC < BC) will have me extremely happy and bending knee for House Carothers!

My tomfoolery with folders is over and done with for now. Just sticking to the ones which I bought brand new from the dealers / suppliers and I let go of everything else I had bought from third parties even if some were NIB.

With all these new and exciting Carothers patterns joining the existing herd, I reckon that I'm all well covered for now.

Do you know something about that long-awaited CPK folder?

No matter how many fixed blades I have, I can't see myself selling down my folders!

Do you know something about that long-awaited CPK folder?

No matter how many fixed blades I have, I can't see myself selling down my folders!

Hioefully Nathan will just plow ahead with his signature fixed blade patterns for the foreseeable future.

Wondering if the upcoming Pre-Sale is going to be a knife less than 4 inches long, or longer than 10 inches:eek::confused:

Back