Random Thought Thread

Bayoushooter.com

$400 with 500 rounds of ammo. Lady Gravelface was more interested in this than my normal Fal-fair. Caught me off guard actually.

My 3rd mosin, sad to say this is the first 7.62x54r ammo I’ve ever gotten....so far. 2 M91/30s and a Finnish M27. 1 1896 receiver so....technically it’s not even a firearm. 2 are Hex, 1933 Finn and 1930 and last Russian 1943.
My Russian m44 with bayonet is one of my favorites.

Turkey season opens Saturday:thumbsup:
OSHtU8D.jpg

My Russian m44 with bayonet is one of my favorites.

Before I moved to AZ, I had 10 various Mosin-Nagants. Most were Finnish M39s, but I had a mint Russian M44 and a Chinese Type 53. I enjoyed shooting the Finn rifles, but the M44 and Type 53, not so much.
The last time that I shot the M44, the guy at the bench next to me started laughing. He said that the flame coming out of the muzzle was longer then the rifle.

BTW, have you checked the recent prices on the M-Ns recently? The most I ever paid was $129 for a mint M39 made by SAKO with SkY marking. The asking price for a nice M44 now is around $400 +.
There were about 37,000,000 Russian Mosin-Nagants made, but eventually, with losses in the various wars, the supply has to dry up.

Man. Any M39 is my next goal.

I dropped $125 about a year ago for my first hex 91/30, other than a little finish wear, it’s mint, looked unfired, then $225 for the hex M27, much heavier barrel profile, I’m really looking forward to stretching the legs on this one. And the newest was $400, but came with 500 rounds.....so given today’s market, not terrible I think.

Can’t wait for this Wuhan to slow down so I can go shoot!!!!

Back