Random Thought Thread

When I was a wee lad, my grandmother would hang Hebrew National salami in the kitchen to dry. When it was ready, it weighed about half of when she bought it. No one got sick.
When I lived in No. Hollywood, there was a German sausage shop near us. They hung various sausages on the wall behind the counter and had a bucket of landjaeger on the counter.
No refrigeration required. Some of the hanging sausage was covered with white powder. I didn't know what it was and didn't ask. Good stuff.

That will do!

Mike, I have been expressing myself more than a few times that if/when the SHTF in the over all financial realm (not CPK's uniquely, but in general), Nathan & Jo ought to consider making kitchen cutlery because there's always plenty of rabid CPK fans who will dole out the dough to keep their lights on. What I have also discovered during this crisis is that some (most?) Americans, specially those in urban settings, have no friggin clue as to how to feed themselves! SHOCKER! I am now seriously thinking about some form of food service based on healthy comfort foods, no kidding and very serious. In fact, I am now writing a business plan of sorts and may invest the seed money on my own.

DAMNIT, I'LL BE NEEDING SOME CPK KITCHEN KNIVES :D

Congratulations @Miracle- for upgrading to the Knifemaker / Service Provider membership. Man at the rate which you are going, first the Blue banner, then the Gold and now the Orange, you will soon be the most self-decorated general in here :D

Jest aside, he's a good dude and I hope that he can get some business traction on here. Nika, make sure that you bring these back-to-back-to-back upgrades to the Admin's attention in here:

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/tech-support-general-q-a-site-feedback-more.679/

By posting a thread to ask for credit for those portions of the prior memberships which you were charged for and that you will not be using. He will add the balance somehow by extending the duration of your current membership. Anyway, keep checking that thread once a while because Spark (Admin / Site Owner) is very busy and therefore hard guy to get hold of because he also runs a retail operation. Best of luck buddy :thumbsup:

Mike, I have been expressing myself more than a few times that if/when the SHTF in the over all financial realm (not CPK's uniquely, but in general), Nathan & Jo ought to consider making kitchen cutlery because there's always plenty of rabid CPK fans who will dole out the dough to keep their lights on. What I have also discovered during this crisis is that some (most?) Americans, specially those in urban settings, have no friggin clue as to how to feed themselves! SHOCKER! I am now seriously thinking about some form of food service based on healthy comfort foods, no kidding and very serious. In fact, I am now writing a business plan of sorts and may invest the seed money on my own.

DAMNIT, I'LL BE NEEDING SOME CPK KITCHEN KNIVES :D

By “healthy comfort foods”, if you mean high quality ice cream and pizza, I’m in!

Did our part to help the local small businesses, yesterday, buy ordering take out pot pies and a pint (pints :p) of ice cream. Though, one of the pints was grapefruit sorbet- so that really doesn’t count :rolleyes:.​

Yes, I agree, if things got really tough, a lot of people would be in trouble. If things got apocalyptically tough, most of us would be. Keep us posted on the business plan!

And yes, I’m up for some more CPK kitchen knives. Mike

Back