Random Thought Thread

Staying with that thought:

6lNu9btl.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions for a clip to replace a large Tek Lok? I at times wear pants without belt loops, and therefore without a belt, and Tek Loks don't work. I love Spyderco g clips, but the hole spacing is different. I may just end up drilling/riveting a spot to match the g clip, but figured I'd check around to see if anyone here has any other clip suggestions with the holes already set up as needed. This is specifically for my new DEK1.

Edited: autocorrect

Does anyone have any suggestions for a clip to replace a large Tek Lok? I at times wear pants without belt loops, and therefore without a belt, and Tek Loks don't work. I love Spyderco g clips, but the hole spacing is different. I may just end up drilling/riveting a spot to match the g clip, but figured I'd check around to see if anyone here has any other clip suggestions with the holes already set up as needed. This is specifically for my new DEK1.

Check out Ulti-clips:thumbsup:

Thanks! I've been really interested in them and haven't yet pulled the trigger. Which of their styles do you prefer?
I can't really give an honest opinion based on use...picked them up on a whim at Blade last year. I'd say go with whatever size seems to fit the size of the knife? They all seemed to have excellent retention, and be a great way to pocket or IWB carry a fixed blade.

Ulticlip or Discreet Carry Clips.

I use the Ulticlip Slim 3.3
IMG_20200423_114441.jpg

IMG_20200421_173759.jpg

I'm trying to decide whether to go with black or OD Green scales on my DEK1 (or both). Anyways, I edited this photo to envision what OD green might look like on a DEK1 and thought it might help others with their choice.

This is NOT the real colour. It is HEAVILY EDITED (caps/bold for those who don't read)
20200512_103351.jpg

Black (original):
20200512_103351.jpg

Verdict: I can't decide still lol What do you guys think?

What kind of dye did you use and do you have any issues with bleeding?

I used rit dye mixed with water ... boiled it and let the scales soak. I had new clean scales but still scrubbed them to get any hand oils off first.

I thought most dyes would bleed or wear off micarta somewhat but I haven't had it bleed off yet. Someone told me how they dye scales so I tried their recipe last winter on a boring day.

This BK5 is a spare and it hasn't seen much use yet so I can't say with any certainty if it will bleed/wear or not. But so far with very limited use it has not.

TODAY IS THE DAY

Ref the Q you had asked Jo:

I think that they will accommodate the first 10 DEKs plus any other ones who wanted to snag another CPK pattern from their Blade Show 2020 potluck inventory. In other words a very rapid bang-bang DEK1 sale and them a nice slow pace for the rest till they marked it "sold".

Congrats on your soon-in-hands DEK1 :)

Back