Random Thought Thread

Have a little generator or is it time to get one?

I’ve got a champion 7500/9350. Trouble is the hook up. So I was doing it camping style with cords. Plus lost cable, internet and phone , plus almost all cell service. My town actually made it on GMA got damage :-(
But all in all I consider myself lucky :) Sure I lost some comforts , but that is nothing to what others are going through.

Oh and my FK1 was on my side through this mess :)

I just finally got this Burley encore bike trailer thing for the rugrats, I’ve wanted one of these for a while and they are on sale now.
Those are so much safer than the bike seats attached to the bike. I had a newbie biker and his child swerve in front the other day when he turned out of his driveway :eek:. I would have had a two for one but being a biker who had used child seats I predicted it happening thank god but if were anyone else say a Karen on a cellphone things could have been very different for them. Your lucky to have found one, In the Boston area everything bike related is sold out and the high end bike shops are doing gang buster sales. Have fun, be safe, and get a blinking tail light to keep the Karens off your tail.:):thumbsup:

I just finally got this Burley encore bike trailer thing for the rugrats, I’ve wanted one of these for a while and they are on sale now.
I sold Burley for years, when they were coop owned. Such a cool company and no one could touch the quality. I have a couple trailers I've hung on to over the years, one of which is a flatbed trailer that makes getting tools up into the bush so much easier

... Have fun, be safe, and get a blinking tail light to keep the Karens off your tail.:):thumbsup:
I can wholeheartedly recommend the Portland Design Works Danger Zone tail light. Aimed properly, this thing is daylight bright, and the random flash pattern I dubbed the 'disco inferno' mode REALLY catches attention better than a steady flash pattern (i.e. it's noticeable in the daytime from a 1/4 mile away where folks will go, "What the heck IS that?").

In this day and age of inattentive, texting drivers, every advantage to being noticed is crucial.

We got the Burley bee right on time before they went on backorder due to virus manufacturing hiccups and restrictions. So glad we did really came in handy since our youngest was finally old enough for the trailer. Burley really got some of the features dialed in for their young passengers.

Before that I had my oldest on the Mac Ride seat. It connects to its own headset spacer and seat tube. Really neat thing about that seat is it's easier to hear your kids reactions to all the fun their having because their sitting right in the mix of it. Even got her to lean on turns with me. Now at 4 she's zipping around on her own 2 wheeler never even saw training wheels. :)

Enjoy the ride! It's alot of fun and a great way to get the whole family involved. Super convenient for carrying stuff along too. We've done some trails and a stop to picnic in between legs with everything tossed in the trailer. :thumbsup:

How much is ups International?
Hopefully you can get your knife shipped. I know, in my experience, UPS doesn’t care what they ship.
About... 5 years ago I walked into a UPS store in Florida with an Albion Sword wrapped in a trashbag and when the guy looked at it he eye’d me and said “that’s a sword, isn’t it?”
I said yep and in 3 days my sword arrive unmolested in Maryland.

Attachments

• 88887C32-5787-4A7B-BDF3-2B282BE620C3.jpeg
    88887C32-5787-4A7B-BDF3-2B282BE620C3.jpeg
    342.4 KB · Views: 18
If you have a dog that gets lots of ear infections from playing in the water you can prevent it and fix it cheap. Make a 50-50 mixture of rubbing alcohol and white vinegar. Put that in a plastic squeeze bottle and and generously squirt it in each ear after they’ve been in the water. I usually tilt their head and squirt it in the upward facing ear.
The vinegar "pickles" the ear and helps prevent anything from growing and the alcohol kills anything in there.
I learned this trick from a vet a long time ago. I’ve used it with success.

Damn, I just realized some of our favourite knife designs aren’t the only thing to come out of Sooke. My favourite gin does as well.

View attachment 1409784

Edit: Lorien Lorien lives in Sooke. My bad!

those folks and us go way back. My beloved went to school with that guy. It's great gin, (I don't drink alcohol anymore but when I did I really liked the flavour) and Sherringham also does a very nice hand sanitizer. They're just across town. Well, they will have been across town...

Back