Random Thought Thread

No, but one lucky random sword owner will have a blade quenched in viper blood...

... I wonder if it will have magical properties?
Dibs on viper quenched good feelings

I asked the DM and it turns out it gives you a +2 damage modifier on a successful hit with a constitution saving roll for the one damaged by it.

You could skin that snake and wrap it around a hat, that would be badass.

This morning I was printing and my printer ran out of toner. I had a spare toner but it’s a bootleg with a bootleg chip and the printer didn’t recognize it. So I ripped out the chip from the old Brother toner and swapped it in place of the chip that my bogus, unrecognized replacement toner came with and it actually accepted it and it works now.

This morning I was printing and my printer ran out of toner. I had a spare toner but it’s a bootleg with a bootleg chip and the printer didn’t recognize it. So I ripped out the chip from the old Brother toner and swapped it in place of the chip that my bogus, unrecognized replacement toner came with and it actually accepted it and it works now.
Well, THATS Big Brother approved.

I think it's really cool that you were able to swap a chip and get your printer going. Did you have to de-solder anything?

#fucktheinkcartridgegestapo

I think it's really cool that you were able to swap a chip and get your printer going. Did you have to de-solder anything?

Nah, just used a little tiny flathead screwdriver and carefully popped it out. It was just stuck tucked in the molded plastic, no solder or anything like that, it’s not connected to anything. The bootleg one was way easier to remove, didn’t need a tool, hopefully I’ll be able to just keep using this same chip going forward.

My senior design project for my mechanical engineering degree was sponsored by a big printer company... we'll call them Tulip Flackard... and they had us design a refillable toner cartridge for the current top model laser printer.

At the end they patented it and put it on a shelf. (No one else can do it now). They will never sell a refillable cartridge. They 'claim' print quality is compromised (it aint. You'd have to refill it like 400 times before your eye can tell any difference). What would be compromised is their ability to sell a billion dollars in new cartridges. THAT'S where the money is.

Thanks, fonedork! I have never looked into one of those before. I'll have to remember to do that when I need to change my toner.

HDFK black scales titanium hardware Kydex MashedCat dangler sheath lightly used with freshly sharpened edge amazing shape! $450 PayPal only no trades! Last price drop
Then headed to ebay!First I’ll take it gets it!
View attachment 1406969

I really don't want to miss this if it's ebonite, can anyone tell?

Back