Random Thought Thread

So when the pup and I drove to the beautiful downtown La Jolla (pronounces: Lâ Hoyya which means The Jewel) I took a few amateur pics from inside the car. The battle for any vacated parking spot was fierce and she (the pup) was howling and hollering because she saw the ocean which she luvs so much but sadly the La Jolla beaches are not dog friendly.

It is a very beautiful yet touristic enclave with many magnificent multi, multi million $ homes up on the hills. I can't afford to live in there but sometimes I can scratch some gas money to drive the 30 miles or so down south to ogle over one of the most beautiful spots in this beautiful and resourceful country of ours. I hope that you enjoy the crappy photo journalism while on car ride with my pup:

0D09DE99-0DBD-4B1A-93ED-27D98A69B743.jpeg

This is Hotel La Valencia; it is kind of a landmark in here and a historic building. The pro photo off the Interwebs looks a lot nicer :D If you ever wanna treat the missus to a romantic getaway, this place is the cat's meow. Kinda like old Hollywood glam without actually going to that cesspool known as Los Angeles!

ADF06AEE-C122-4122-A2D5-2AAA5CAB1183.jpeg

0C95E8D9-C53E-41CD-A3CE-E2D05357B8F3.jpeg

2E280C77-E136-417D-91DF-483C761C2D56.jpeg

This friggin place Jose's was like one of my local watering holes and one of the places to get up to no good when I was much younger. I'm falling apart yet this place is still standing!

D559312B-91DB-432F-BB65-FA3A0A52011C.jpeg

So when the pup and I drove to the beautiful downtown La Jolla (pronounces: Lâ Hoyya which means The Jewel) I took a few amateur pics from inside the car. The battle for any vacated parking spot was fierce and she (the pup) was howling and hollering because she saw the ocean which she luvs so much but sadly the La Jolla beaches are not dog friendly.

It is a very beautiful yet touristic enclave with many magnificent multi, multi million $ homes up on the hills. I can't afford to live in there but sometimes I can scratch some gas money to drive the 30 miles or so down south to ogle over one of the most beautiful spots in this beautiful and resourceful country of ours. I hope that you enjoy the crappy photo journalism while on car ride with my pup:

View attachment 1413291

This is Hotel La Valencia; it is kind of a landmark in here and a historic building. The pro photo off the Interwebs looks a lot nicer :D If you ever wanna treat the missus to a romantic getaway, this place is the cat's meow. Kinda like old Hollywood glam without actually going to that cesspool known as Los Angeles!

View attachment 1413298

View attachment 1413299

View attachment 1413301

This friggin place Jose's was like one of my local watering holes and one of the places to get up to no good when I was much younger. I'm falling apart yet this place is still standing!

View attachment 1413302

I live about 40 minutes from La Jolla. If you ever want to meet up for a beer let me know.

One quickie not so random: in my above post, I called Los Angeles a “cesspool”. This was an overreaction and not a very fair label because I realized that a few of our CPK’ers are Angelinos. Heck I even lived there for a couple before we settled down in San Diego instead and now some of my kids and ex moved back up to LA.

I know that CA and specially LA / SF are repeated running jokes to many in the US but if you ever find yourself in Los Angeles county, try to go visit some of her naturally beautiful places such as Malibu, Pacific Palisades highlands, Topanga Canyon; all by the mighty Pacific. LA life is much faster paced with more stressed souls living up there than that of San Diego but nary as worry as we are also getting up there!

ETA: if you ever find yourself in So. Cal and have a car, you absolutely must take the Pacific Coast HWY One northbound for sightseeing starting from Santa Barbara. You will be in total awe of so much natural beauty while stuck behind Priuses going at 40 mph :D

Last edited:
Rehang complete.

IegAgmb.jpg

I think I'm going to like it at this length.

It hit 106F here in San Elijo Hills, San Marcos today and having lived up here for over 12 years now, I don't recall seeing triple digits like this during the time span! Heck at almost 5 PM west coast tome, we are now at 100*! I picked a great day to work on my cars starting at 9 AM :rolleyes:

ETA: Oh, did I forget to mention that we now have a wildfire raging on the east side of the county with a whopping 1% contained? This started yesterday afternoon and despite being miles away from me, this morning I saw some ash settled on the cars parked on the driveway!

Back