Random Thought Thread

If we’re doing first cars, mine was a well used 1963 Chrysler 300. Talk about a perfect car for loading all the buddies in, putting the boards on top, and searching for waves. That 383 engine could get us there quickly. It became a big drawback for a poor teenager, when the gas prices starting going up. Mike

'63 300? That's a badass whip. Color?

"71 Duster., straight 6. Blue. Had to crash that bitch.

If we’re doing first cars, mine was a well used 1963 Chrysler 300. Talk about a perfect car for loading all the buddies in, putting the boards on top, and searching for waves. That 383 engine could get us there quickly. It became a big drawback for a poor teenager, when the gas prices starting going up. Mike

I always liked the 300s when I saw them. Nice looking cars! My 2nd car was a 1969 Cutlass Supreme with a 3-speed automatic. I still feel like everyone else liked it more than I did. It was a cool car though! Peashit green is what my dad used to call it.

Ha! It was a fun ride! Dark blue.

The straight sixes were great! So easy to work on. I can’t remember, was that still a slant six? Well, if you had to crash it, you were protected by some real steel.

It was super clean. Old lady/low miles, garage kept. Interior excact same color as body. Bench seat, lap belt. (remember those fk'n things?) Couldn't kill that straight 6. Not sure if the slants were an option, or still coming out in that, those years, but yes..easy to work on, the car I learned on. And with that 6 ? ...lotta room in that compartment to work..Yes, real steel for sure.

Had a girlfriend w/ a '69 charger, beautifully restored, amateur, frame on w/ 383..balls for days, plenty. She always wanted to find a 440 for it...I convinced her that she should convert that thing to disc brakes before anything else.

learning how to grind...
random thought- 36 grit belts are the bomb
UKZSabP.jpg

Going to funeral today - grandfather from my mother side of family.
I think that 96 years is a nice age.
It's amazing that he was still quite active in the garden almost to his 90s. But last few years were not great.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, 96 is pretty good.

Back