Random Thought Thread

EAD49D12-781F-412E-A491-DDB780DCE01D.jpeg I don’t know the origin. But in the military, high ranking members generally had a coin with their command and rank. If you do something they like they present it to you. As the history goes, when drinking among military folks. If someone throws down a challenge coin from a Brigadier General and you have one from a Lieutenant General, you win and he has to buy the next round. Specialized units have them made and I discovered folks in the knife world started making them for their enthusiast.

I’ve got a couple from my Army days. Zero Foxtrot has a few pretty cool ones. Scrapyard Knives. Ranger Knives I think Emerson has one. I’m sure there’s dozens ....

Last edited:
Random thought:

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I was a young college student living in Raleigh and delivering pizza in my car at night. One night I was driving in downtown on a one way street when another car approached coming from the other direction. I kind of weave to one side and stopped and he did the same. I rolled down my window and yelled "hey man, this is a one way street!". "You're godamn right it is!" -- he replied. Whoops. <--- true story

Back