1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rat Chat down

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by MonkeyBomb, Nov 26, 2010.

1. MonkeyBomb

MonkeyBomb

Feb 13, 2010
    I don't think pre-order is open but they still have a few RMDs for sale in the company store. No waiting.

2. Carl Theile

Carl Theile

Sep 9, 2002
    Nuttin' suspicious about that last picture, it is what it is.
    -carl

3. joshuaharman

joshuaharman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Ummm...I assume you mean the dog, not the runt?

And MB, I got three questions for you:
    1) How many French whores you been sniffin?
    2) Why?
    3) Why do you keep your bathroom stockpiled with their scent?

;)

4. magoo48

magoo48

Jan 11, 2009
    Dear oh dear. Look what the mailman brought me today: :thumbup:

[​IMG]

A Deuce of RatmandDeaux :D :

[​IMG]

While I had the camera out I did some comparison shots. I took some with my M9 LE (also #22 - thanks Eric !) and the HCLE 4.0 ;) :

[​IMG]

Then I remembered some people wanted a comparison shot with a SAR 6. So out came #122 (thanks Skunk) :) :

[​IMG]

I still have a fair bit to learn about photography ! Still - a nice looking bunch:

[​IMG]

So how does it feel? There are a few subtle changes in the handle profile that make it even more comfortable than the RMD. A few subtle changes in the curvature of the handle make it feel fantastic :cool: !

[​IMG]

And even though this pic doesn't do it justice - the top guard is very close to perfect. It gives more control when you choke up on the choil :thumbup: :

[​IMG]

One last one - next time I will get every Rat in the house - they are hard to catch all at once !

[​IMG]

Hope my photos aren't too bad - thank you very much, Eric for these. Perfect ! :D

Have a good day, Swamp Rats !

5. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010

wow, awesome group there, Magoo :thumbup:
    it's cool to see people enjoying their RMD2s so much. passing on this offering has me looking forward to the Rodent Solution that much more.

6. Ian Allomes

Ian Allomes

Apr 28, 2003

Peanut butter and banana sandwich. :eek::D

I must admit, I've never tried that one. I'll have to give one a go. :)

Eric,

What's happening with the swamp??
    I'm worried that they may have bull dozed it in, in the name of progress. :confused:

Ian.

Edited to add:

Magoo, That's a nice selection of knives you've got going there. And nothing wrong with those pics.
    Ian.

7. magoo48

magoo48

Jan 11, 2009
    Thanks Ian !!

8. MonkeyBomb

MonkeyBomb

Feb 13, 2010
    Yep the dog. The runt is a girl

1) Plenty of them oversea's

2) Its something to do when oversea's:D

3)The wifes bathroom. For some godawful reason people think it makes a great gift buying a gallon of the most foul smelling perfume in a fancy glass jug.:barf:

I am the kind of guy that will if I am forced, by reasons out of my control, to go to a mall. I will try to find any entrance not guarded by a damn perfume counter. If I do have to go by a perfume counter I will hold my breath and running flapping my arms like a chicken just like they had us to when we had to go through the gas house in the military. Just to get rid of the smell quicker.

Hence why the wife doesn't force me to go to the mall often;)

9. jazub

Feb 6, 2010
    yeah, man. Elvis' favorite sandwich was peanut butter and banana. i saw a sandwich documentary (yes, sandwich documentary:D) on PBS once and they had Elvis' cook break down how to make his sandwich. i believe it was:
    -2 slices of bread, buttered on both sides, pan fried
    -peanut butter on both pieces of bread
    -bacon
    -sliced banana

i made it immediately and it was delicious -and i could feel my arteries clog :eek:
    supposedly, he ate 5 a day
    if it was good enough for the king, it is good enough for me :thumbup::thumbup:

10. joshuaharman

Feb 20, 2010
    #23?

MB, I think I speak for many of us when I say I'd pay good money to see that video footage of you in a mall. Even more if we could see the wife's expression :)

And when you say "people" think gallon jugs of toilet water make good presents, is that your way of asking the group for help in figuring out what you should be getting your wife? ;)

Oh, and Magoo, that is a nice set of blades. I had my doubts about the RMDeaux--the top guard wasn't doing for me. But now, seeing how it works in the hand, I may have to rethink my bias...

11. MonkeyBomb

MonkeyBomb

Feb 13, 2010
    LOL, I have no problem picking out gifts for the wife. But apparently her nieces were born without functional olfactory senses.

12. Ironwolfcanada

Ironwolfcanada

Feb 10, 2009
    Here's how you recalibrate those malfunctioning olfactory senses:
    in the height of July,
    1)get a spray/squirt bottle with the adjustable nozzle.
    2)fill it from the Jug of StinkPretty,adjust nozzle to 'Stream'.
    3)drench the nieces from head to toe in a large outdoor area with a strong wind blowing.
    4) After an hour in the sweltering heat,allow them to hose themselves down in the front yard before allowing entry into home.

This will effectively recalibrate the malfunctioning units.
    :D

13. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Great group of Rats Magoo!

14. magoo48

magoo48

Jan 11, 2009
    Thanks Thrill. Just wished I had put the Taz Rat in there. Fits between the RMDx LE and the M9 LE.

I am worried about Jazub......

15. jazub

Feb 6, 2010

hey, it wasn't me. blame it on Elvis :D

16. Carl Theile

Carl Theile

Sep 9, 2002
    Eric-
    I'm with Ian ...got an update on the swamp forum?
    -carl

17. MonkeyBomb

MonkeyBomb

Feb 13, 2010
    Its freezing today. It was a few below zero this morning. What a great day to work a 16 hour shift.

18. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    +1! Bring back the Swamp Forum!!

19. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    HaHa.:D High of 80 degrees today in South Florida.

20. joshuaharman

Feb 20, 2010
    Day # whatever...

Heeelllllloooooo! Swamp forum? Where are you?